“Great menu and unique dishes”

San Carlos Bay Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,090 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a lunch here with local business partner. Lots of healthy options and an immersive focus on seafood.

Surprised to see items like octopus and calamari introduced in several dishes. Good flavor, but the smaller pieces were a bit tough.

Best bets and home runs were the salads and taco dishes. Those were excellent.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We happened upon it by accident, but were pleasantly surprised. NOTE: all the entrees are seafood based here, no beef or pork. That said I had fabulous Pulpo al Diabla ( Spicy Octopus) and my friend had a crab enchilada. Entrees are served with rice and beans. Margaritas were tasty and reasonably priced at $5.50. Likewise entrees were generally around $13. Salsa and chips were served complimentary when we were seated.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Quaint little place with good service. My wife had the shrimp tacos and loved them. I had octopus and shrimp in garlic sauce and really liked it. Lots of octopus onions, etc. Not too fond of the beans, but that's not a knock on the restaurant; just don't usually care for pintos. We'll be back even though it's over 30 miles from home to San Carlos Bay.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Since I spent a lot of time working in Guaymas and San Carlos, MX this place always reminds me of the great food in coastal Sonora. It's a bit out of the way for me, but when I'm in the area I always try to have a meal here. It is truly the most authentic N Mexico food I've had here. Service is great and the atmosphere is truly authentic.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Just picked this place kind of at random for lunch as we were traveling on business in the Phoenix area. Clean, well kept little place with a friendly staff. Salsa was house made with a good flavor and just a touch of heat. I had crab enchiladas just to try something new. They were very good and everyone else enjoyed their meals as well. Reasonably priced for seafood based menu. Good little find.