“Not comfortable, decent service”
Review of AMC Esplanade 14

AMC Esplanade 14
Ranked #56 of 185 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Seats were very old, hard and the leather on them and arm rests were cracking like crazy. Movie didn't start on time but they gave us a free pair of movie tickets for the future. Costs money to park. Food was okay and waitress was very quick and attentive.

1  Thank Brittney D
"validate"
in 6 reviews
"biltmore"

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I had enjoyed the atmosphere is attractive as it offers food and beverages. It also has a meeting place in front to meet up with your company and have a cocktail or brew while awaiting. Love the idea that adults can enjoy a movie without children as it is designed for families too, but that is on the opposite side. Great for 1st dates.

1  Thank lisa86047I
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent theater to see the newest movie, wine, and dine. They have a full bar and different types of food.

1  Thank TonyBui22
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Never been to a dime in movie theatre but this place was great! The seating was awesome, service great & the movie we saw was awesome! Only complaint I could say is the condition of some of the seats could use replacement & maintenance here & there. Other than that the place is awesome!

1  Thank Zaidros
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I surprised the hubby and son by pre-purchasing opening night tickets to The Bourne movie. Purchasing tickets online with reserved seats was a little confusing, but apparently seats are picked at the very end of transaction, after payment information is entered. I spent approximately 1 1/2 hours on phone with AMC reps, on hold, and being transferred around to find out this simple fact.
Check in at theater was very easy with online tickets. We went to seats, and that's when the clumsiness of the experience occurred. It took about 15 minutes before anyone came to take our order, then there was confusion as to how my digital stub hub card was to be scanned. After about ten minutes with my phone, I was then told the coupon that was sent to me regarding popcorn and soda for my son, would not be honored at that theater. We then ordered dinner, and after about 30 minutes into the movie, we finally received our food. The cheeseburgers and fries were cold, even my nine year old thought it was awful, and he eats anything. When I looked at the the patty, it looked overcooked, and flat. I ordered a wrap with fruit, they brought me a salad. By now, we were well into the movie, we were starving, there were two employees standing in the aisles trying to figure out whether or not I ordered a wrap...I just wanted to eat, watch the movie, and not have the other movie goers get upset with me because we were interrupting their movie.
Out of the blue the lights came on, not sure why. Took a few to get those shut off. I ordered popcorn, they brought this huge bucket, but no napkins, and no way to share it between the three of us. If you were to look at the seating, you would understand that two seats are closer together than the third seat. Third seat is distanced from the couple, so placing the bucket in the middle is not an option. Also, if you have ever eaten buttered popcorn, the idea of not having napkins is uncomfortable. Yes, we could have flipped on the service light, but these kids seemed so overwhelmed, we didn't even want to add to that.
All in all, it seemed like a very clumsy night, which I paid a higher price to go to this dine in theater, and it wasn't the experience that I have had in the past. Tickets were a little more than $30, and our dine- in bill was over $100 for the three of us. We could have had a nice steak dinner, with drinks, utensils, AND napkins. I don't think we will be doing this again. Maybe the movie part, but if you want to relax, go to a restaurant before you go to the movie.