“Poor service for the price and location”

Tocaloma Spa & Salon
Ranked #2 of 45 Spas & Wellness in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to Tocaloma Spa & Salon at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona and leave behind the stress of everyday life. This very intimate day spa provides a relaxing spa experience with targeted services for the hair, nails, skin and body.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I got a manicure there yesterday, and I was not satisfied with the service. First, I had to wait for more than 15 minutes after my appointment time. Then, less than one day after, the nail polish is already going away (and I haven't done anything special with my hands that could justify that). Also, the chair wasn't comfortable, and while I was expecting a relaxing environment, I found that it was quite busy. Finally, I was asked for a gratuity right in front of the person who provided me with the service, it wasn't done with any discretion whatsoever.

I am giving two stars because the beautician was nice. But frankly, I would not com back to this place or recommend it.

1  Thank Stéphanie G

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

My sister and I have her early flights into Phoenix and I was very sore. I had a therapeutic massage with Tracy that was absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! This is coming from a LMT folks, this woman's technique is phenomenal. My sister had her hair trimmed and colored. I also had an express pedicure. The desk staff was extremely accommodating. Everyone was friendly and the service was top notch. I highly recommend a stop into the spa!

1  Thank Vivsmom
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Nice day spa/salon located in the Hilton resort where I was staying. The staff was so wonderful and when I called for a last minute appointment for the next day (which was also a Saturday) they couldn't quite fit me in before I had to go to work in the afternoon but said they'd try and if they could make something work they'd call me back. Two minutes later the room phone rang and I had an appointment. So nice of them!
My masseuse Nancy gave me the best massage I've ever had, wish I lived closer to this amazing lady! Thanks again Nancy and the staff at this great little place.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are staying at the resort for 4 nights as part of a 3 week anniversary trip and have not been disappointed yet. He went out for the day and I took advantage of the spa on site. I had the seasonal special agave honey massage, scalp treatment and pedicure which were all divine. Tracy and Becky were very pleasant to talk to and extremely good at the treatments they gave me. Women who love to treat themselves should take advantage of this little gem on site.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2016

The experience starts when you walk toward the spa and hear gentle music. It continues as you enter the door and take a deep breath of the wonderful smells. The Spa staff is the epitome of customer service. They work together to ensure that you have a great experience from beginning to end.

The end result of my customized facial by Jeannine was a face that glowed and a relaxed spirit.
Courtney worked miracles with my hair and it was shiny and stylish when she finished.

Merry and Taryn are great to work with.

It was fun to watch the locals come to the spa as well as hotel guests.

It's a phenomenal spa for everyone.