Review Highlights
Excellent Spa Treatments, Fantastic Staff

Truly a transformative experience at this hidden gem! Incredible seasonal facial by Heidi who... read more

Reviewed 28 September 2018
Sightsee748930
Great atmosphere, services, and people

Best haircut from Tricia., which accompanied the watermelon water. Truly positive staff. Perfect... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2018

from US$179.00
from US$23.00
from US$69.99
More Info
All reviews spa manager great massage facial therapist tension therapeutic skills
Reviewed 31 May 2015

At a major resort hotel one expects a spa commensurate with it's size. This spa does not measure up in any way. There are NO robes, lockers, sauna, steamroom, whirlpool, relaxation room, etc. This is a Massage Envy or Hand and Stone type setup with a hair salon. As for the massages themselves--3 of us paid for therapeutic massages and we all get massages at home regularly. All of us were disappointed since none of us got anything close to a therapeutic massage and we had 3 different masseuses. The whole experience was not what we expected. We have been to several other hotels in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and there are wonderful spas in them. Go to one of them!!

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank pbuntarl
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

Had an amazing yogurt mask facial with Ashley. She's wonderful. If you want an memorable and relaxing experience ask for Ashley. She's the best! I love this place and will come back again.

Date of experience: April 2015
2  Thank Maxcam99
Reviewed 16 January 2015 via mobile

My daughter in law and I enjoyed a massage after some hiking. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. Staying at the resort made it exceptionally easy.

3  Thank Ardeth H
Reviewed 2 October 2014

This was my first visit to the Tocaloma Spa, as I have been to most of the resort spas in the valley. Although there isn't some of the typical amenities (sauna, steam, jacuzzi), this quaint and lovely spa/salon was amazing! My massage with Sharon was the best massage I have ever had...and that's saying a lot! She has been there for 15+ years and her experience shows in her massage technique. FANTASTIC! I recently had a leg injury and was a little afraid to have someone work on my calf. Sharon was very cautious and managed to work out some issues and relieve pain and discomfort I've had for months. I will be back to see her on a regular basis, no doubt. I noticed a gal in the salon getting her hair styled after a cut and color...her hair was GORGEOUS!!! I think I will give the salon a go next time too.

Don't let this small spa fool you...it is top notch in service and experience. The moment you walk into the patio/entrance, you feel as if you've been transported to a spa in Italy or Napa Valley. Warm and friendly service, amazing treatment at a very reasonable rate. Next time I will bring my man and we will stay to hike the trails, enjoy the waterfall and cocktails at the pool, and end the day with dinner at the restaurant at the Tapatio Cliffs...overlooking the city's lights and gorgeous sunset.

Thanks Tocaloma...we will be back again soon!

Date of experience: September 2014
2  Thank SPANGOLF
Reviewed 17 May 2013

For me, there really isn't such a thing as a "bad" massage, but the one I received at Tocaloma Spa & Salon really wasn't what I expected. In other words, I've had better massages at my local school, where the students practice on you for way less. On a positive note, they were very accommodating, as I booked my appointment and then had to reschedule at the last minute. Also, they sell really great lotions!

Date of experience: October 2012