“A bit of a disappointmen”
Review of Papago Golf Course

Papago Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Affordable municipal golf course provides tree-lined, rolling fairways - atypical for the majority of desert courses in the area.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A bit of a disappointmen”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The one time we played here I was really disappointed in the maintenance. And the golf paths were almost non-existant. Good location though.

1 Thank mess

Santa Teresa Gallura, Italy
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best View”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Cheap entertainment to hit a bucket of balls with the best view of Papago rocks.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Worst Service, do not play”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

we just played papago, and some employee, I think his name is Jesus made our visit very unpleasant. First he was not in a good mood when we checked in, he was very short and made us feel unwelcome. After we teed off, Jesus comes driving down the fairway and starts yelling at us. "you told my starter you had four players" We only had 3, just like when we checked in the pro shop. he continued to yell at my group, telling us we had to join up with a single that was 4 holes ahead of us. I counted 4 cars in the parking lot when we showed up. They need to work on their customer services skills. Remember there are 180 golf courses in this area.

Visited July 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
187 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“I can't believe the LPGA played here...”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I can't believe the LPGA played here. There are so many other courses that are nicer.

The pace of play on a mid-week round during July was great and price was, too. The greens were in good shape, but it was really rough around the edges.

I also didn't like the golf carts that decide to shut off if they think you are going someplace they don't want you to go. Very annoying.

The course layout is fairly interesting, though on a first time through it can be a little confusing since there are no course maps or yardage books.

I probably won't play here again on future golf trips, though I am glad I played here once.

1 Thank mauiwolf
Prince George
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice course to play once”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Papago is a course you play maybe once to play a course the LPGA played. Its a fairly good layout but has some weird holes. Some holes just are awkward to play but it does have its fair share of good holes. The course's fairways are in good shape but thats about it. The rough isn't in great condition and the greens are dry and tough to read.
Overall there are better courses to play for your money.

1 Thank pggolfer9