5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$134
Expedia.comUS$148
Prestigia.comUS$198
1,614 results
All reviews gallo blanco rooftop bar free snacks front desk pool area junior suite central phoenix great pool bottled water hot tub light rail happy hour tranquilo hip staycation keurig robes
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

I sent my daughter and niece to stay there.
They said it smelled dirty and cigarettes smoke .
They did not feel safe. They asked to check out and and not be charged. They manager Jody was not sympathetic to 2 young woman not feeling safe and offered a different room instead Of the refund that was requested. I Never had an an experience w a hotel like this.
Do not stay here !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Israely R, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Good afternoon Mark. I did speak to the Front Desk Supervisor that you spoke to on the phone about this situation and she told me that you were yelling and being extremely disrespectful from the second she answered your call. She tried her best to deal with your main complaint, which was the smell of the room. She initially offered a room move because that is the first thing that we do to ensure that our guests are as comfortable as possible during their stay. You did not mention that they felt unsafe, if this was the case then I can assure you that Jodi would have reassured your daughter and niece, and definitely offered a refund if she felt it was the best option. That being said, I know that the refund for their stay was issued, and we apologize for any inconvenience this presented for your family.

Reviewed 10 March 2020

I LOVED the Clarendon! The aesthetic is totally me - very hip 60s mod! They obviously have recently redone the rooms, and I think they could have been a little more careful, but that didn't affect the cleanliness or comfort. My room was HUGE, and the bed was great. The onsite restaurant is fantastic - and if you book direct from the hotel, you get a $10 breakfast credit, which was nice. Front desk staff were all insanely helpful and friendly - I'd definitely stay here again if I needed to stay in Phoenix and not Tempe.

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you for your review, Jenn! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We have not started to remodel our rooms, any changes that have been made in our rooms were from when our property was under previous management, however we are currently finishing up plans for a complete makeover of our rooms, we'd love to have you back with us in the near future to see all of the changes and improvements! And lastly, thank you so much for your kind comments towards our staff and restaurant! I will be sure to share this with our staff, this is exactly the experience we want every single one of our guests to have! Thank you again for your feedback and have a great weekend!

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

Great service and staff, but definitely not four star quality place. Bed was comfortable and rooms were clean, but dark...only a small corner window in my room. A towel rack must have fallen and the holes and old paint haven’t been touched up. The rooftop bar was disappointing. Table tops haven’t been wiped down in days and half of the hanging bulbs are out. These are just a few details that give the feeling of being rundown. Also was surprised that there wasn’t drink service at the pool.

Date of stay: March 2020
Israely R, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Molly, thank your review! We are currently going through many changes and renovations throughout our property, we thank you for your feedback and patience and we do hope you give us another chance in the future. Have a great afternoon!

Reviewed 9 March 2020

What a serendipitous experience - Delightful boutique hotel & spa close to everything!

Brent at the front desk went to great lengths to make us feel welcome and Anna in the Spa treated my wife like a Queen. We will return every time we are in Phoenix!

Room tip: Rooftop Lounge
Date of stay: March 2020
Israely R, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Mark, thank you so much for your feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff, we appreciate it greatly!

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel is the result of a low expense remodel on something that used to look an awful lot like a motel. The walls are cinder block, the carpets are carpet squares, the air conditioners are noisy, and the place does not smell good. I recommend against. On the plus side, the staff was nice and responsive.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We have heard our guest's feedback and we are currently making plans to refresh and remodel our rooms, we appreciate your input and we do hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you again and have a great afternoon!