Ways to Experience Camelback Mountain
from US$61.36
from US$169.00
from US$190.00
2,512 results
All reviews echo canyon great hike challenging hike bring water great workout hiking shoes lots of water coming down trail head worth the effort rock climbing parking spot decent shape wear good shoes take your time phoenix area hikers
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2019 via mobile

Loved the hike but there were a few people where we were walking. Other than that our trail was clean and we had a nice time.

Reviewed 21 February 2019 via mobile

This hike is very intense. Its more like climbing over rocks up a mountain. I am from Minneaota so I’d never been on any kind of hike like this before! It was fun and quite the adventure though! I went on a nice weekday afternoon and could not find parking at the Cholla trailhead so went to Echo. I saw some kids doing this hike and they seemed okay, but this hike is definitely not for all!

1  Thank Erinoutthere
Reviewed 20 February 2019

Good parking. Good easy initial trail to warm up on. Tuff climb for a 73 yo x-cigarette smoker but there is such beauty along this trail and with wonderful views of the Valley. It took me an hour and a half to get to the top and thirty-five minutes to get down. I went with son-in-law{age 54} that has an up and down time of 43 minutes. Next time I will start an hour ahead of him so we can summit together.

Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

We hiked Camelback with the family this weekend. We are in slightly above average shape and had our 14 yr old daughter with us. We hiked up the Echo side and down the other. It was definitely demanding but doable. We had 2 bottles of water each and were fine.

Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

Worth the effort, more of a rock scramble than hike. Very challenging and not for beginners. Parking is limited and tough to get around noon. Proper footwear and water are a must. A great way to spend a morning!