“Birthday dinner”

Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Description: Formerly Houston's, Hillstone invites you to dine with in our new restaurant featuring outdoor lounge area and new additions to the menu along with time-honed Houston's classics.
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I love Hillstone and have been to two in the LA area. Phoenix has the sushi like they do in California. We had the grilled artichokes
And I had the Layered sushi. Soooo yummy. I’ve had their burgers and very good fries. They only had two desert items which didn’t include cake. Kinda strange but we were full anyway . And the drinks are very good. Their margaritas are good but the skinny ones are hit and miss

1  Thank Teriberi54

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Just stopped in after getting off the plane for a late lunch. Every time I step foot into this establishment I am never disappointed. Whether you are getting lunch, dinner or drinks the service and meals are always top notch.

1  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed 18 June 2018

On a recommendation I went to Hillstone one early evening for some light fare. New to the area the was a bit more upscale than I expected but the atmosphere was warm and relaxing. The menu mixed of fusion and traditional fares. A smooth margarita to start. Buttermilk Chicken sandwich with vegetables swapped out for the fries no less, and it was the wasabli dressing that put it over the top. The wait staff pleasant and kind do everything to make you feel welcome. I can't say anything but nice things about how welcoming Hillstyone made you feel. And, if I had room for dessert I would have worked that in too. Early in the evening so, the bar was full already, the pretentiousness not there that I could see. It is an upscale restaurant, but If you like great food and great service it's a wonderful restaurant to go to.

1  Thank AdvnturAwy2SmWhr
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Maybe it is just me - the outside looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright building, then you walk in to a 1960's business luncheon décor. But it all fits in this decade. I love this place. It makes me feel good. The food is outstanding. My all time favorite is the crispy chicken sandwich. Try anything on the menu to enjoy a wonderful meal in a lively, comfortable atmosphere. The service is the best, they actually make you feel like you are a welcome customer!! The wait staff actually go above and beyond typical service.

1  Thank DebW175
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I have been to The Hillstone a few times . Each time I notice only Caucasian staff . Minus one Asian waiter & a few Hispanic cooks . I would love to see the place have other ethnic cultures in there . Not Just a abundance of Caucasian bartenders / waitress/ waiters / hostess . Surrounding restaurants in the Biltmore have a diverse staff . So going to Hillstone this truly stands out & not in a good way . This is just my humble Opinion .

3  Thank Tye E