“Good Food despite Poor First Impression”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,465 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camelback & 24th Street
Description: Seasons 52 is a casually sophisticated fresh grill and wine bar that invites you to discover the sensational flavors of our seasonally inspired menu. At Seasons 52 you will enjoy a warm, welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accents, custom built wine cellars, and lush greenery that create an air of casual sophistication. With an award-winning international wine list of over 100 wines, of which 52 are available by the glass, we will find the perfect match to complement your menu selection. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend. We also feature live entertainment at our piano bar nightly. If you are searching for a place to host your next group function, look no further. Seasons 52 is the perfect setting for your private or semi-private event. Together, we will create the event of the season!
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We arrived early and the hostess looked at us like some sort of sludge monsters who had just crawled out of a sewer and told us we would be seated at our reservation time. We stood in the crowded lobby as the walk-ins were seated and true to her word, at 7 pm, we were seated at a table that had been sitting empty with a reservation sign on it, waiting for us. To say that I find such rude behavior in a hostess irritating would be an understatement.

The food was quite good, nice flavors from appetizer (duck lollipops) to salad (spinach) to dinner (short rib), and the dessert presentation is quite effective. On the beverage service, the wine (red) was a tad too warm and needed to be served in a larger glass to allow it to breathe.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Great food and friendly staff! Good pic for a special occasion or romantic dinner. I really enjoyed my bday dinner there!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Recommended by a friend as a fun place to meet for dinner. The flatbreads wer delicious! And so many choices! Service was great as well! Would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2018

BACKGROUND

A friend of mine was in town and asked me to find a central meeting place for dinner. I got online to see what was good around the Biltmore area and found Seasons 52.

Seasons 52 has a pretty user friendly website and it was easier to just type in reservations than to call directly.

As it got closer to the reservation time, I called just to make sure they received the reservation and that everything was set. The phone was answered on the first ring and the woman quickly and very politely confirmed everything was in order.

I arrived early and the hostess said it was fine to wait at the bar.

After I sat down, I realized how gorgeous the bar was and in fact, the restaurant was huge and very well appointed.

SERVICE EXPERIENCE

The bartender introduced himself (Aaron) and was extremely friendly and efficient.

When my friend arrived, we decided to just stay at the bar for dinner.

THE MENU

The menu promised rustic cooking techniques like brick oven roasting & open-fire grilling that brings out natural flavors.

The menu includes:

Flatbreads
Salads/Soups

Appetizers:
Shrimp Scampi (which I had)
Asian glazed grilled chicken skewers
Lobster Ravioli
Hummus Duo with Crisp Hawaiian Sea Salt Lavosh
Blistered shishito peppers
Lump Crab/Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
Duck Wing Lollipops (which I had)
Ahi Tuna Tartare
Caramelized Grilled Sea Scallops (which I had)

Entrées:

Pumpkin
Key Lime
Pecan
Belgian Chocolate S'mores
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cannoli (which I had - see pics)

THE WINES

The wine list was awesome.

Whites:

Sangiovese
Cabernets & Bordeaux
Port

Full bar for cocktails.

CONCLUSION

Seasons 52 has all of this in a casual sophisticated setting.

Although Seasons 52 is a chain (is in 17 states), it feels very local.

There is also private dining, free wifi, valet parking, patio seating & live entertainment.

5/5 RECOMMEND

Sun. 11am - 9pm
Happy Hour: 4pm - 6:30pm

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This is a great place for lunch during the long hot Phoenix summer. We enjoy the welcoming cool dark interior as well as the wonderful variety reflected in the menu. You can have a light snack or a full lunch accompanied by favorite beverages. Overall, very pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2018