“Good Flavors! Great Service!”

Sierra Bonita Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sierra Bonita Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 3,416 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th St & Glendale Ave.
Description: The Sierra Bonita Grill is named after the historic Sierra Bonita Ranch in South Eastern Arizona. Founded by Henry Hooker in 1872, the Sierra Bonita Ranch was known for it’s hospitality and innovative ranching methods. We would like to celebrate the spirit represented by Mr. Hooker and other pioneer ranches throughout Arizona with our restaurant and hope to continue the tradition of great food and hospitality. Our menu reflects the hearty cooking style of Southern Arizona ranches, many of which were started by Spanish and Mexican families. We will continue to explore the ongoing Mexican and Latin influences on this area’s culture and food. Patio seating available to accommodate 30 people.
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Met a friend here when I was visiting town. Atmosphere is casual and our waiter was attentive but also didn’t rush us. We started with jalapeño poppers which I liked roasted instead of deep fried. Yummy! I had the pork osso bucco with green chilies. It wasn’t a “pretty” dish but the meat was amazing and deliciously tender. My friend had the 12 oz Cowboy Steak medium rare and ate every bite! He substituted sautéed vegetables on the side for the mashed potatoes and that was a great option. Nice place!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

During a recent stay in phoenix I was recommended this restaurant and let me say I was not disappointed! The food here is amazing and it gives you that true Arizona feel! Wonderful experience and I will definitely back again!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I met my friend at Sierra Bonita for happy hour by her suggestion and loved it. The staff, Mauro, was very friendly, the prices were reasonable, beer selection was good and the food was great. I loved the Green Chili Mac 'n Cheese and came back two more times for that. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This place is cool. It has atmosphere....inside, don't let the outside scare you. Friendly and helpful staff. My wife and I had a recent dinner here. We ordered the Osso Bucco and the Pork Tenderloin....Excellent. These folks know how to prepare good food. We washed it all down with a bottle of Arizona red wine....Sierra Bonita's namesake.

Overall....delish ! Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went for brunch. It was better than I had anticipated. I am always skeptical if a dining estabilishment lacks windows, and has an abundance of western decor. That aside, the food was incredible. I am not being hyperbolic, I am being honest. Go for brunch, stay for seconds.