All reviewsstove topfull size refrigeratorthe musical instrument museumoutdoor firefitted sheetbreakfast was deliciousthe usual amenitiestwo bedroom suiteyogurtfree shuttlehave stayed here many timesfront deskplace to staywithin milesthe entire staffthe breakfast areaeach morning
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Since my daughter was having surgery at the Mayo Clinic, we decided to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Desert View for the proximity to the Mayo Clinic. It is a 7-minute walk to the hospital, but the hotel offers free shuttle service and a Mayo Clinic room discount if the Mayo Clinic is seeing you.

The hotel is very clean (lobby, lobby bathrooms, guest rooms, pool, laundry facilities and gym)

The free breakfast is good. Some of the items they serve are bagels and other bread items, cereal (hot and cold), yogurt, toppings for yogurt, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pastries, coffee and juices.

An extremely friendly staff that goes out of their way to make sure all is well.

Example: The day before my daughter and I were to fly back to Texas, I came down with the stomach flu. My daughter called the front desk and told them that her caregiver had become very sick and could they send some stomach meds and blankets. They were there in 5 minutes. My husband had to fly to Arizona to take care of my daughter since I was unable. They reserved him a room immediately and let him check in upon his 7:45 am arrival. When we checked out, they asked how I was doing and wished us well.

The staff is never too busy to answer questions.

The staff knows that most of the people staying at the hotel have family members at the hospital so on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the hotel would host a “Social Hour” and provide soda, tea, water, beer, wine, and “happy hour food” from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. It was nice to sit, relax, and enjoy some food and a glass of wine after a long day at the hospital.

We have to return to Phoenix for follow-up appointments at the Mayo Clinic and we plan to stay there again. Most hotels can provide a clean environment but this hotel is not only very clean, but the outstanding customer service left me speechless. Thank you Marriott!

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RowlettTider
Kevin B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

We are honored to have earned your confidence as the best hotel choice for any trip you make to Phoenix. While many of our guests visit the hospital, others are here for business or vacations to see the amazing attractions in our city. We hope all is well with your family and thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The suite was perfect. Everything we needed was provided and it was very clean. The bed was super comfortable. The pool was warm and refreshing. It's a salt water pool. The staff was friendly. We didn't have excess noise coming through the walls or windows. Breakfast was delicious. The snacks weren't as overpriced as you'd expect from a hotel; they were comparable to grocery store prices.
The only reason the got a 4 instead of 5 is because they are currently doing construction on the front entrance so things are kind of disheveled, which resulted in some inaccurate/ misleading signage as far as finding the pool and workout room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily0116
Kevin B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Yes, we are currently redecorating our lobby area to keep our hotel up to date and comfortable. The project will be completed by August. Please visit again to see the new look and feel!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I have stayed at this Marriott many times and always been pleased with my room and service. Check in is easy and Mon-Wed they have Managers Happy Hour with food and drinks. Service and staff always good. Very nice Residence Inn.

Room Tip: good views from higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sosantafe
Kevin B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

We appreciate your repeat business and thank you for telling other travelers about our great hotel and team. We are pleased to have earned your confidence as the best hotel choice for your trips to Phoenix.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Have stayed here many times while visiting Mayo Clinic. Marriott is always nice. Check in staff friendly and helpful. I did a Chat before I arrived to request an upgrade and had it when I arrived. Has special food Monday-Wednesday for guests -- sundaes tonight.

Always stay here when I am in Phoenix.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon F O
Kevin B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

We appreciate your repeat business as that is the best compliment we can receive. Thank you for sharing your memorable experiences with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Phoenix.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Was wirking for 9 days at Mayo Clinic which is right next door. Room had full kitchen was maybe a little small if more then one person. It was clean and I was well taken care. During weekdays offered free shuttle within 2 miles. Lots of restaurants in that two miles. A very nice service. If you are Mayo Clinic this is the place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kevin B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for your extended stay at our hotel and for sharing you experience with other travelers. We have a mixture of guests who are here for business purposes, or to enjoy the sports and attractions of Phoenix, and others visiting the Mayo Hospital. Everyone is welcome and many like the peaceful desert setting. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful sunsets on the patio.