“Awesome Sales Associate”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at your hotel during the George Strait concert. The hotel was very clean, beautiful and comfortable. However, the highlight of our trip was our shopping experience at the hotel gift shop. Viola helped us on several occasions. We enjoyed visiting with her and she was very helpful! She would show us different things in the store that we would not have noticed. She even reglued the heel back on my shoe!!!! She made us feel welcome and appreciated. She does your hotel proud!!! Thank you, Viola!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now, and I've always had a great experience. The staff knows what they're doing, the rooms seem to be recently refurbished, and the District restaurant was really pretty good. The lobby in particular is stunning and it's fun to have a few drinks at the lobby bar. The hotel is fairly centrally located in downtown Phoenix, within walking distance of just about everything. Just a side note that has nothing to do with the hotel....downtown Phoenix is pretty dead on Sundays, except for the many homeless people that can be pretty aggressive about asking for money!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is great!! Its a rather new property with a spacious lobby including an inviting bar and efficient elevators. Staff is very friendly and helpful and they can advise you with things to do in the area or directions to some place to eat or drink. The rooms are comfortable and look brand new. The bed is very comfy, of course, they are Starwood heavenly beds I guess. There is a lot of meeting room and a spacious gym as well. With regards to the swimming pool, that is probably the only part I could criticise, it doesn’t look very appealing. All in all it’s a very nice property; I wish other Sheratons were at the same standard.

Room Tip: almost any room is nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I enjoyed this hotel while I was there for a conference in April of 2011. It is within easy walking distance of shops and other points of interest in Pheonix. I found the staff to be very attentive. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The hotel gym was great! An added touch was the sustainable garden and herbs that are grown on the deck. All the way around a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I was on the executive floor. You pay a little more, but the convenience of breakfast and coffee is...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Thank 26.2er
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for 4 days for a conference at the Convention Centre. There are a few things I like about this hotel, and a few things I dont. Here they are:
Like:
- Very convenient for the Convention Centre - a few minutes walk away.
- Beautiful lobby and I love the style. The floor space of the lobby is something like 4 or 5 times that of the Hyatt Regency and Renaissance nearby. Together with the 2 or 3 storey high ceiling makes this a very spacious lobby indeed.
- My room is on one of higher floors and had a great view towards the convention centre and the Basilica. It is spacious and very comfortable. Especially like the work table facing the windows, The climate control system is good, the decor is good. The room has an empty fridge (which is great), coffee making machine, radio-alarm clock, wired internet access, iron and ironing board. . One of the reason I chose this hotel is they have in-room safe - which is essential for peace of mind.
- Staff are very friendly - from the door staff, to concierge to restaurant and reception. The restaurant staff are esepcially good.
- Great for meeting people - there is a bar with very comfy seating in the lobby, and another bar next to the restaurant
Not too keen about:
- I do miss the floor to ceiling window in some newer hotels - not in this one.
- Location - great for convention centre, but downtown Phoenix is really pretty dull - choice of restaurant is limited and shopping - is non-existent.
- Restaurant is OK, but not brilliant.
- For a hotel of this size and class, I would have expected more than one restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChiFT
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Titled “Comfortable hotel convenient for convention center”

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay; we love all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all of your comments.

It would appear that there was much that you liked about our hotel and yes, we are very convenient to the convention center, which makes many of our guests very happy.

We feel that we have an exceptional culinary team assembled here; they are creative and innovative, and I’m sorry that there was not a connection there for you while staying with us. If you have another opportunity to return, I would invite you to give them another try.

As for Phoenix, we are the city that continues to grow up, and the downtown area is just getting started with all that it will have to offer. We’re so proud to be anchored in the center of it!

Warm Regards,