“Relaxing and fun time for family. ”

Rancho Tonto Catch-A-Trout
Ranked #8 of 22 things to do in Payson
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Went here to do some fishing. Sure to catch some fish and beautiful scenery. Not far from Phoenix. Nice day trip.

There are newer reviews for Rancho Tonto Catch-A-Trout

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We took our grandson to catch his first fish here. He caught three in 30 minutes. The grounds are beautiful with picnic tables, chairs and barbecues.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

My granddaughters first fishing trip. I will bring her every year for her birthday, so she will jave fond memory. We packs a picnic then went down the road to a steam.Had great time, will come back.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

While we enjoy taking the girls fishing, sometimes you just do not want to pack up the gear and spend half the day untangling their lines. So this time we opted to try Catch-A-Trout. Almost as soon as they dropped the lines in the pond, they caught a fish. The Rainbow Trout are a decent size and provided plenty of meat for lunch at the cabin. They will clean the fish onsite and provide everything you need (even the homemade bait). The property is immaculate and provides for plenty of photo ops. While it is a bit pricey, you are paying for the convenience (and a guaranteed smile on your little one's face). The only thing I would suggest is having the family use the restroom before arriving onsite if you want to avoid the port-a-potty.

3  Thank TLBPsyD
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I met friends at this attraction a few months after the death of my husband. They knew we were dropping my daughter off at Mountain Meadows camp for a week and wanted to get my then 7 year old son and I out in nature for the day. We caught fish and then my dear friends prepped and cooked them for us while we relaxed and played games. It was really enjoyable and I treasure the memory of my first trip alone without my husband. The staff provided the equipment and instruction. This attraction is clean and relaxing.