Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Traveluro
US$111
View deal
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$113
FindHotelUS$116
All reviews front desk catalina state park room was clean free breakfast easy access outstanding breakfast catalina mountains bagels walking path daily housekeeping fridge and microwave oracle road business center exercise equipment tucson elevator hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

The Good. Room was clean other than a razor evidently overlooked by maid in shower. Sacked breakfasts were a nice touch due to the self service breakfast currently shut down. Beds were comfortable. The Bad. Trash cans in common areas both inside and outside of hotel were never emptied and were overflowing the entire 4 days I was here. Hotel guests adhered to the mask requirements much better than the staff. Staff would only put them on If they saw someone coming and the guy working evening check in preferred to let his just hang around his neck most the time even when conversing with guests.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oro Valley-Tucson North, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2020

Hello jm98md,

Thank you for making us part of your visit. Although we have limited service hospitality, we strive to offer convenience and ease during your stay. While we're glad to know that you appreciate our comfortable beds, it is disappointing that your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oro Valley-tucson North property was not as satisfactory as expected. I am sorry that you felt our housekeeping services were below par and health protocols lacking.

Our team would like to assure you that your thoughts about our service lapses are heard and this has been liaised accordingly with our local management.

As we enhance our services, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure that next time around your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons.

Warm Regards,

Alice P

Reviewed 11 June 2020

My wife and travel somewhat and have a high standard for customer service. Most places just say sorry(like these boobs that respond to your review with a canned response). Do they really think I'm coming back? Ownly if you somewhat compensate me for the money I have wasted staying there. I'm telling friends, family and who ever will listen of how good or bad my experience was at the time, which is usually 10 people(The 10 people rule). So I'm here to say.....this hotel hits the bullseye! I checked-In one evening and decided to take a shower. The shower curtain was not low enough to cover the edge of the walk in area, so it leaked all over the floor and made it dangerous to walk around in the bathroom. I then called down to the front desk(Asst. Xavier Macias) answered the call and said he'd be right up to assess the situation. He instantly asked of if we'd like another room(just 2 rooms over) and we accepted. However it didn't stop there as most hotels do, he wrote us a hand written letter to apologize for the issue and wanted to make it right by depositing 10,000 points to my account for a free night. That's what a General Manager does for his clients! He took care of us!!!

Room tip: Mountain View!
Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank scottmad
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed for a week for a cycling holiday.
Room was clean, daily housekeeping excellent.
All staff informative and helpful
Breakfast adequate
Pool is small
Gym mats need a backing too slippery to use
Great chocolate chip cookies during the week

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Must have been an off night for staffing as I read other review for same time of stay. Day check in was smooth, but evening gentleman appeared short staffed. Soon after we arrived, one of two elevators ceased to work, not good for 3 stories and weekend. Ice machine on our floor was not working, light in our bathroom flickered sporadically, electric plug in our room needs attention-staff notified. Stay was 2 nights, house keeping replaced towels and threw blankets back over bed but that was about it for house keeping. Finally, room across from us, some how the security lock was on, so incoming guests could not enter their room. Busy front desk manager was pressured into finding solution.
On the plus side, hotel is clean, convenient, bed is comfortable, parking well lite. Breakfast was more than ample and nicely presented.
Overall, attention needed to staffing and maintenance.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oro Valley-Tucson North, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Hi furstee,

It's great to receive feedback from our guests. I truly appreciate the time you allotted to share yours, and for spending some time in our property.

While I'm pleased that you liked the cleanliness of our hotel, I'm sorry to know that your feeling isn't mutual as with our staffing at night and elevators. We're all about great experiences, and I'm worried that you had trouble with the ice machine and room light. The feedback of our visitors helps us in making action plans for improvement. I'll be sharing yours with our upper management, along with your comment about the electric plugs.

I'm happy to know that you found our mattress comfortable. Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right in the future.

Best Regards,

Leni C.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

This was a bad night for the Holiday Inn Express. The staff person was by himself and had several people with needs. He wasn't very informative but was doing the best he could. The Wifi would not connect in our room. It did connect when we took devices to the lobby would disconnect when we got back to the room. He explained that they just changed systems. The breakfast was below average. While they offered omelettes, they were cold. The room was clean and spacious.

Room tip: Hopefully this was just a bad night
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank nomey5
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oro Valley-Tucson North, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Hello nomey5,

It is a delight to have hosted one of our valued guests. Thanks for the time you invested in posting your review. I'm glad to see the satisfactory remarks you gave for the room to be clean and spacious and the service you received.

Sad to learn that your stay was not a complete success because of the issues with the WiFi and the breakfast served during your stay. Our management and maintenance team has been looped of your review and I'm confident this will be improved to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

Even though your stay was not spotless, we hope that your future trips will give us an opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Best,