“delicious Italian food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

the resturant has such beautiful views of mountain. had dinner around sunset and the beautiful az sky was something to see. tried the spinach pizza very very good. the crust was so fresh and tasty reminds me of artisan pizza crust.Also tried the a eggplant dish that was tasty too baked and cheesy. Would go again . liked the owners art around resturant fun iconic characters.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Oracle AZ is not known for its food. One exception is Nona Maria's. This is an unpretentious Italian restaurant sitting on a small hill in Oracle. The food is quite good as is the sunset views. Their thin crust pizza is among the best I have eaten and their salmon with olives, chopped tomatoes, and capers seved on a bed of linguini is one of my all time favorite dishes. While the service can be spotty this restaurant has a certain small town charm especially on those nights when their pianist is playing. We enjoy this place.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This place from A to Z was excellent. Everything is homemade and delicious. So delicious, I took another whole meal to go. Eggplant rollatini was fresh and succulent. My salmon was cooked to perfection in a wonderful sauce. Wine was great and only 5.25/glass. Highly recommend this place. I would drive up from Tucson any time, it is worth the drive.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016

When we want pizza we drive the 30 minutes to Nonna Marie's Pizza. We've never had a bad one. Last night 4 of us went there for dinner. The beer is still wonderfully cold and my wife said they are pouring a better Chardonnay. But you don't go there for their wine selection. Go there for their deep dish pizza. They are still outstanding!

I ordered a spaghetti and meatballs dish and it had two large meatballs that were not the best I've ever had, but good and I ate the whole thing. My wife ordered a10 inch deep dish pizza and only could finish one quarter of it. It will be wonderful when reheated in our oven. One friend ordered spaghetti with shrimp and happily took home half of it. Our other friend ordered Chicken Marsala and said it was the best she has ever had.

I rated it a 4 as it's a good place for pizza and beer, but not a gourmet Italian dining experience. But we very much enjoy going there and will do so for years to come

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2016

We had dinner here one night and ordered the wrong thing - from looking about the dining room after ordering, we saw that the locals choose pizza. The pasta was ordinary but my chicken piccata was not edible. Something was very wrong with it. But, the waiter took it away and we were not charged for entree. The salads had been sitting in the refrigerator for a while, but the dressing was good and so was the warm bread. I did appreciate the fact that the waiter noticed that I could not eat it.

Date of visit: February 2016

Been to Nonna Maria's Pizza? Share your experiences!