“Tried more than pizza this time”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2016

When we want pizza we drive the 30 minutes to Nonna Marie's Pizza. We've never had a bad one. Last night 4 of us went there for dinner. The beer is still wonderfully cold and my wife said they are pouring a better Chardonnay. But you don't go there for their wine selection. Go there for their deep dish pizza. They are still outstanding!

I ordered a spaghetti and meatballs dish and it had two large meatballs that were not the best I've ever had, but good and I ate the whole thing. My wife ordered a10 inch deep dish pizza and only could finish one quarter of it. It will be wonderful when reheated in our oven. One friend ordered spaghetti with shrimp and happily took home half of it. Our other friend ordered Chicken Marsala and said it was the best she has ever had.

I rated it a 4 as it's a good place for pizza and beer, but not a gourmet Italian dining experience. But we very much enjoy going there and will do so for years to come

Reviewed 23 February 2016

We had dinner here one night and ordered the wrong thing - from looking about the dining room after ordering, we saw that the locals choose pizza. The pasta was ordinary but my chicken piccata was not edible. Something was very wrong with it. But, the waiter took it away and we were not charged for entree. The salads had been sitting in the refrigerator for a while, but the dressing was good and so was the warm bread. I did appreciate the fact that the waiter noticed that I could not eat it.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I would love to like this restaurant so that Oracle would be able to keep business in it's town but I can't say anything good about the food. Our service was fine but there was only one other table so the server had not much to do. The food was tasteless and my dinner companion's food was really awful! Salad looked like it had been sitting out all day. I honestly don't know how they stay in business! I don't even want to eat here if it was free!

1  Thank Barberella68
Reviewed 24 August 2015

If your north of Tucson and are tired of all the construction on Oracle blvd or just dont feel like driving to town, give it a try. We've been several times and the food is ok. I gave it an average and I think it is, but thats not bad and you dont have to wash dishes at home. I'll rant a little and say I think people tend to overrate and I try not too. There is nothing wrong with average. Give it a try.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

When we want pizza we drive the 30 minutes to Nonna Maria's. We love the taste of their pizzas and the beer is cold. We haven't sampled any other food on the menu as their pizza is all we need. Service is always friendly.

Been to Nonna Maria's Pizza? Share your experiences!