See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2015

About the only thin I didn't like was the tricky left turn on Grand. The manager, Mr. Patel goes out of his way to make guests comfortable. The cable TV system is extensive and was able to view a number of different sporting events while hanging out.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Tuolumne Tom G
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Trying to be positive, I can say that the hotel has easy access and parking. Check-in was slow. The room was really gross, dirty walls, filthy carpet and smelled really bad. No one would ever use the tub, which lacked a plug anyway.
Overall, I didn't want to touch anything except the sheets which were at least clean. I don't care much about amenities in general, if only the room is clean. But this place was dirty dirty.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank K G
Reviewed 29 December 2014

Bathroom had a leak somewhere and the floor was wet and slippery. Heater in the room only 'functioned' on extreme high---unbearable. We decided to turn it off and sleep in the cold, but when we asked for a blanket, the management was hostile ("What do you mean? The heater works!") and ultimately, after an hour trying to explain, and WITHOUT receiving a blanket (what kind of hotel staff refuses a patron a blanket?) we had to leave at 1AM.... seriously we do not understand why we were refused a blanket, we were the ONLY patrons in the entire hotel. Management told me that I was "mistaken."

Room Tip: Just stay away---we moved to Motel Six which was cheaper, comfortable and completely fine. We were absolutely shocked at the rude management at the El Dorado.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 17 September 2014

This place is well maintained and has extras like fridge and microwave. They accept pets with an extra fee. It is a quiet, secure motel. the beds are comfy and the room and bath are spacious. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank robyn t
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel based on previous reviews as well as proximetry to the First Annual Nogales Classic Bicycle Ride. Apparently it used to be a Days Inn (at least the shower curtain said so). The Pros: Very friendly staff, (although we had to wait each time we went to the desk for something (coffee pot, towels, info on ice machine) for at least 5 minutes--staff came from outside the main building; very nice looking lobby, hot tub (only 2 jets worked), pool, fairly comfortable bed, clean fridge and microwave, continental breakfast (good coffee), no bad smells. Cons: no smoke detector (hole in wall), no fitness room, only one towel (small and rough), no tissues/box in tissue holder, worn, stained carpet, holes in bed comforter, two very flat pillows on the bed, door to bottom of sink (looking for another towel) fell off, faded peeling wall paper, back of hotel fenced off for second floor entry. Since the beds felt comfortable w/o signs of any bugs, we stayed. Had a good rest. It's too bad that the hotel was so run down. There were many unused rooms that the staff could have put us in and then perhaps I'd have a different review. Too bad the attention paid to the lobby wasn't extended to the rooms. Next year we plan on staying elsewhere, like the Americana--almost as close to City Hall and recently remodeled.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family