All reviews one night next morning very pleased with our stay breakfast room sports bar convenience store both times biscuits and gravy gas station first floor breakfast selection san carlos the hotel offers excellent value would definitely stay here again carl's jr front desk staff
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I stayed here twice in a month, one night each, to get medical treatment across the border. The front desk staff were very nice and courteous. Both times they asked us which floor we would like, which is very nice. We prefer to stay on the first floor so we don't have to deal with elevators.

The rooms seem more spacious than other hotels. It was clean and our bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was big as well but we had some issues with the shower head spraying outside of the tub, even though we closed the shower curtains. The water pressure was excellent.

They serve breakfast starting from 6:00 a.m., which was very nice for us because we had to leave at 7:00 a.m. The breakfast room is also very large. They also have complimentary coffee in the lobby.

There's a gas station right in front with a convenience store. There is a IHOP across the street, as well as a Carl's Jr. right in the area.

Overall, my husband and I were very pleased with our stay. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ariana M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are more than glad to hear your stay with us was great. Our team works hard to provide the best customer service to our guests and we are happy to see you had an opportunity to experience it. We appreciate the feedback regarding the shower head as it gives us an opportunity to address the issue. If you could please contact us at you convenience at mmercado@cimahotels.com so that we may be able to get reservation information to locate the room that has the issue.

Again, We thank you for your time and we hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you are in town!

All the Best,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed here one night in late February. This is a very nice building and the staff is friendly. However, it was well below expectations. The pool was cold and couldn't be used. Breakfast was missing some Holiday Inn regular items like Biscuits and Gravy. The milk was 10 days outdated. The room was clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ariana M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback in regards to our building and staff. We are however, saddened to hear about your breakfast and pool experience as that is not what we want our guest to experience. Please keep in mind we do rotate our breakfast items so that there is variety, we still have our Biscuits and Gravy 3 times a week. Rest assured the issue with the milk has been addressed by management. Feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the guest experience day by day and once again we thank you for sharing your comments with us. We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

If you book a HIE you usually know what you get, and that is the case here. The rooms are very spacious, typical HIE rooms. The TV was way too small for the room. The A/C worked well and was surprisingly quiet. We had a small roach in the bathroom which my sneaker took care of. Welcome to Arizona, One thing I noticed at arrival around 7 pm were 5-6 plastic bags filled with trash in front of one room. That mountain grew over night to about ten bags. It was still there the next morning at 8 am. Did not a single hotel employee see this in a space of 13 hours? Unlikely, as an employee room was right across from the land fill. My wife tried breakfast but came back and said it wasn't worth it and that the breakfast room had the ambiance of a train station. One good thing was that there is a sports bar right next to the HIE so you can have a quick bite to eat at night. Just be aware that everything closes at 10 pm in this town. Plenty of self parking (no security, but you won't find this in Nogales anywhere) and the business center had everything you need in working order. Given the other choices in Nogales, this is probably still your best bet. Run of the mill HIE.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank akschalke04
Ariana M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear akschalke04,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We apologize that our breakfast was not of your liking .We take guest feedback, both positive and negative, into account as it helps us improve the guest experience day by day. Thank you for bringing to our attention the trash issue you encountered in front of one of our guest rooms, rest assured it has been addressed by our team and your comment will be used for training purposes. If there is anything i can assist you with or if you would like to further discuss your stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly at mmercado@cimahotels.com.

Again, We thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs and we hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Utilized this location for daily business access to Nogales, Mexico.

Pros:
Clean and quiet.
Breakfast with room.
Breakfast selection varied with options.
Large rooms.
In room refrigerator and microwave
Friendly staff

Cons:
Inadequate lighting around exterior
Difficult room numbering
Small exercise area.

Opportunities:
Nothing to do in the evening. Only activity is sports bar across lot.

Overall:
For intended use a good property, staff, and amenities.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ariana M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Strowd1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback about our property and will utilize your comments to help improve the guest experience. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I am not the typical hotel guest as I am a hotelier. This was not my first choice to stay but the hotel I normally stay at was full. The first negative experience was at check in when the desk clerk announced my room number in front of other guests in the lobby. For a woman traveling alone, I was very concerned. As an owner and operator of a hotel, I usually inspect the hotel rooms I stay in. When I reached my room, I found the safety lock was not working properly and the maintenance man had gone home. The front desk clerk did not have a solution to correct the problem. Then I pulled the filter out of the air conditioning/heating unit and discovered it was incredibly filthy. This is a health issue. My guess is that it had not been cleaned in months. I was told the next morning that housekeeping has a cleaning schedule but from what I saw, I do not think they have been following their schedule. The cable access was very confusing and difficult to operate. The mattress pad was torn. I felt the price of the room did not justify the quality of my stay. I do have to say that the hotel was quiet. After this experience, I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ariana M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear sonora52,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the recent experience you had during your stay at our property. We strive to always provide the best experience to our guest while staying with us and on this time we failed to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured the problems encountered during your stay have been addressed by our team and room has been fully inspected. Again, we at the property would like to apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We do hope you will give us a second chance by staying with us again to show you our true level of service. If i can be of any assistance, please contact me directly at 520.281.0123.

Best Regards,