All reviews fiafia night room apartment cultural show hot water barking dogs hire car reception staff apia town air conditioning terry accommodation ava culture island samoa maintenance units
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We havnt stayed here but we were taken here for the Faifita night ...it was a high energy show with a bit of humor
the Buffet meal was great ...along with the MC owner ...i would recommend going to the informative show and have a taste of ava - Dennis from Napier

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This was the first place we stayed in when we arrived into Samoa. We stayed here for 5 days. I like how we had a kitchen, as we were on a weight loss challenge we needed to cook our own food. My kids enjoyed the pool. We came back a week later for the Fiafia night and we loved it. Word around town is they have the best fiafia night and they were right. My family and I (extended too) had a marvellous time there. Thanks Terry and Loretta and the team. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Kitchen amenities
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This accommodation was perfect for our short visit to Samoa, offering a local Samoan feel complimented by the traditional looking interior. I think you need a hire car as it's tucked away and there is no real restaurant. But perfect for budget travellers, sporting teams or couples.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed for two nights. Great elevated location if you're afraid of being close to the waterfront. Good views too. Service was okay, nice people (Samoans generally are) but as is often the case (unfortunately) lack any real customer service skills. We had a two room apartment. Rooms were spacious, air conditioning good however paint peeling, water leakage stains and a lack of general maintenance let it down. The apartment sleeps four but there's no real lounge area to relax in together. There's a couch in the small space where the TV is but it only seats two. The kind of place that looks good in photos but you really notice the lack of attention to detail when you're there. The pool was awesome and located in a good spot with nice views.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We came along to the Fia Fia Night here in November 2016. We really enjoyed the show but it was definitely a tough night for the performers, a tough small crowd who weren't all that responsive. As a performer myself, I really felt for you.

I would love to come again at high season with a full, rowdy crowd.

Performances were great really enjoyed ourselves and food was good although being vegetarian it was a bit slim picking for me, but I expect that so definitely not a criticism.

The resort staff were kind enough to allow us to come early and swim in their pool until showtime which was a great way to freshen up after a long day of driving around and sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple