All reviews best kept secret pool table sylvia logo fans samoa
Reviewed 12 October 2014

was only made aware of this place by family...what an ideal place to set up a home base whilst on holiday...Sylvia and the team were treated you like a family that cared and took interest in all our activities throughout the week as well providing excellent service. The rooms were perfect sized, the lounge room spacious and clean, showers and bathrooms were always clean...Breakfast was the right balance not too much and not too little with a touch of traditional style breakfast added...the pool was great way to cool down...so quiet was another reason I enjoyed it...Big thanks to my cousin for introducing to this place because I will be back for future stays with more of my friends and family...The Perfect Set Up....

Room Tip: check ac works
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank gsta77
Reviewed 11 October 2014

The Riverside is an amazing property that is appealing to any type of traveler. I agree with a lot of the other reviews that while there is a very "homey" feel to the place, it also provides some of the luxuries and amenities one could find in the most extravagant hotels without being ostentatious. It is the perfect blend of comfort and culture. Outside the property is nestled amongst idyllic flora and fauna typical of the island producing a very tranquil and serene atmosphere. There is a nice open grass area on the side with shaded picnic tables in the front. In the back there is a quaint pool and deck area well suited for swimming, tanning, lounging and just relaxing in general as my cousins and I did often. That's just the outside. Inside the property is spotless and pristine and kept that way by the hard-working staff that services clients around the clock to ensure all their needs are taken care of. While all the girls were wonderful, Peta and Litara were the two we interacted with most and enough cannot be said about all that they did to make this a very memorable trip for me and my cousins. We really felt like they were taking care of their families and not customers while we were there. As far as I am concerned, they are family. We had a lot of lighthearted conversations full of laughter, which to me again is priceless and typifies the interactions in my own family. This to me was the most valuable and enjoyable part of my experience, but Riverside has so many other things to recommend it. From the simple, but yummy breakfast in the morning to the well pressured waterfall showers to the athletic facilities, this place is indeed the total package. It is centrally located and close to town, but far enough away so that it is peaceful and relaxed. The icing on the cake was dealing with the management staff, Silvia and Lani who are intelligent, professional, flexible and accommodating. Above all that, however, they are both just really wonderful human beings who took time out of their busy schedules to chat with me, answer my questions and keep me entertained. I won't get into the details of my situation, but suffice it to say, Silvia's understanding for the ever changing details of my family's visit and subsequent changes she made to accommodate us are much appreciated and I dare say I would be hard pressed to find another person or establishment that would have been so flexible and understanding. The Riverside and its staff is top notch and has my highest recommendation. I enjoyed my stay at the Riverside so much I ended up extending my stay there rather than relocate to Aggie Greys as I had originally intended. Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not also echo the thoughts of some of the other visitors that you will definitely get the best value for your money at Riverside. So go visit! Thanks to Silvia, Lani and the crew for an awesome stay!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Whether your in Samoa for business or pleasure, alone or with family and friends. Riverside B&B Samoa truly caters for all and more... Great staff that really care and accommodation that is definitely up there in terms of quality for money...thanks for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank Stashvin
Reviewed 4 September 2014

I stayed her for the UN Conference that was close by.

The Samoan people seem to be warm and friendly, soft and welcoming and the staff at Riverside are exactly that. It was a joy to see the lovely staff each morning.

Breakfast was nice and the rooms have everything and are comfortable. The hotel is immaculately clean and everything works. A lovely strong shower in the morning!

A wonderful stay, thank you

Room Tip: If you're lulled into deep sleep by dog song then ask for the side of the hotel that's closest. If you're a little light on sleeping or not as keen as dog song you'll do better up the other end :)
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stavroz
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was my sister and I first time, travelling alone to Samoa. My sister and I were greeted with great enthusiasm the beautiful staff members prepared wet towels to help us relax. It was my sisters second time staying there and my first time. When we entered it was like entering into a loving home, I immediately felt I was home when I was there, its unlike a hotel but more like a family home. The ladies will go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable, if we needed a room, you would just give them a call any time. They're flexible and fluid and will make your stay enjoyable, or fix rooms up for you according to your travel plans and itinerary. The thing I loved the most was that the hotel was 5 minutes away from town but it situated in a safe quiet environment, it is fully secured and is in a private location away from all the hustle and bustle of Apia. It is near a shopping centre, and you can take a bus 5 mins into town.It is great value for money includes a free breakfast, not only that it is a clean and beautifully furnished home. If we had any questions about travel you would just ask the girls and they will do anything to help you get there, in the end the ladies became like our lifelong friends. I would definetly recommend this place for any young people who are looking to travel alone or with friends, or for anyone in that matter. Congratulations Silvia and the girls for such a lovely B&B! You've definetly exceeded all expectations!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family