All reviews birds flying a small swimming pool traditional umu real samoa every morning hot shower thank you so much a great place to stay maleme taxi tia cocoa fridge sia
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Was going to stay here as looked great and like other places in Samoa was going to chance it and turn up as saw nothing to say not to. Was very difficult to find took about a frustrating hour and questions later. Hi ally found the place found some very unwelcoming signs saying if you not booked don't enter. Looking at the state of the drive, my frustration of finding the place and the unwelcoming signs I though bugger you I'll go somewhere else. It would have to be a place for me to stay here.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank captrudeboy
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I spent three nights here as part of a Rockjumper Birding Tour group and then another six nights on my own while awaiting arrangements to fly home to Massachusetts after a traumatic hip dislocation in the Apia airport. Dave Parker was the only person I knew in Samoa, and Dave, his wife Malama, and his staff treated me like family at a time when I needed some support. The location offers a spectacular view from the hills overlooking forest and ocean, with fruit bats and tropicbirds streaming across the valley, and the lodge can be accessed without great difficulty by taxi from the airport or Apia, the main city. If you're a birder, I'd recommend using this lodge as your base. There is excellent bird habitat on the property as well as waterfalls. The food was good, the service friendly and reliable, and the place is a bargain.

Room tip: I'd recommend the room on the top balcony.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Malama P, Owner at Dave Parker Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello John, We are glad you made home OK, it was a pleasure having you, it must have been dramatic for you having an accident in a foreign country. We hope that you were comfortable staying with us and get well soon. God Bless, Dave, Malama and staff.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The room we stayed in was terrible, ants everywhere and the bed had bugs in it. The food was ok and service was ok too, the view was amazing but that was the only outstanding thing, I wouldn’t stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tusi S

Thank you for your comments, we will take it seriouslly and refurbish as you requested. All the best. DAVE

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay because our flight got in late and we were going to Savaii the next morning. The lodge is on a mountain and has road access that was a little challenging due to the torrential rain and darkness when we arrived. We were grateful that someone stayed up to check us in. The views out to Apia from the lodge were amazing. Our rooms were dilapidated but nevertheless very clean. Breakfast was great. Overall, I was sorry I couldn’t have spent a bit more time there to explore the nature part of the grounds. Like a lot of places in Samoa this place has a resident cat that obviously feels quite at home which we liked. I’m not sure there’s anything else available at this low price range so on that basis it’s great value for money.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Malama P, Manager at Dave Parker Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you Paul for staying with us, it was unfortunate you have to leave for Savaii the next morning before you visit our waterfalls which is in our property. Good luck and God bless. MALAMA, Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Positive

This lodge is on a mountain, overlooking Apia. There are lots of rooms there, and is a great place to start your Samoan holiday if you are arriving from the airport but need to go somewhere far(eg. Savaii). The rooms are about the size of a standard hotel room, with all the essentials: refrigerators, air conditioning, a shower, a bathroom, beds, lights and a window. Every morning you get a free ride down to Apia with staff at 8:30AM, and you get a ride back in the afternoon. This place is definitely Eco, with trees and plants everywhere. The staff are friendly and you can learn a few Samoan words and phrases with a info sheet in your room!

Negative :(

* I'm sorry, lodge. You are a great place to stay, however I have to write negative as well.

It is actually very deserted, making it difficult to get to Apia if you don't have your own vehicle or you miss the staff express. Your best bet is to get a taxi if that happens. I don't recommend the restaurant to vegans or vegetarians, as options are limited, and too bring your own food (closest supermarket in Apia). I would EXTREMELY recommend mosquito repels. That is one of the biggest problems here.

Other-wisely, that's it!

Room tip: Recommended rooms: rooms facing Apia
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DonutCat100

Thank you for your comments which is very helpful for us to improve as we move forward. All the best, Dave & Malama