All reviews birds flying a small swimming pool traditional umu real samoa every morning hot shower thank you so much a great place to stay maleme taxi tia cocoa fridge sia
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The room we stayed in was terrible, ants everywhere and the bed had bugs in it. The food was ok and service was ok too, the view was amazing but that was the only outstanding thing, I wouldn’t stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tusi S
Malama P, Owner at Dave Parker Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for your comments, we will take it seriouslly and refurbish as you requested. All the best. DAVE

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay because our flight got in late and we were going to Savaii the next morning. The lodge is on a mountain and has road access that was a little challenging due to the torrential rain and darkness when we arrived. We were grateful that someone stayed up to check us in. The views out to Apia from the lodge were amazing. Our rooms were dilapidated but nevertheless very clean. Breakfast was great. Overall, I was sorry I couldn’t have spent a bit more time there to explore the nature part of the grounds. Like a lot of places in Samoa this place has a resident cat that obviously feels quite at home which we liked. I’m not sure there’s anything else available at this low price range so on that basis it’s great value for money.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Malama P, Manager at Dave Parker Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you Paul for staying with us, it was unfortunate you have to leave for Savaii the next morning before you visit our waterfalls which is in our property. Good luck and God bless. MALAMA, Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Positive

This lodge is on a mountain, overlooking Apia. There are lots of rooms there, and is a great place to start your Samoan holiday if you are arriving from the airport but need to go somewhere far(eg. Savaii). The rooms are about the size of a standard hotel room, with all the essentials: refrigerators, air conditioning, a shower, a bathroom, beds, lights and a window. Every morning you get a free ride down to Apia with staff at 8:30AM, and you get a ride back in the afternoon. This place is definitely Eco, with trees and plants everywhere. The staff are friendly and you can learn a few Samoan words and phrases with a info sheet in your room!

Negative :(

* I'm sorry, lodge. You are a great place to stay, however I have to write negative as well.

It is actually very deserted, making it difficult to get to Apia if you don't have your own vehicle or you miss the staff express. Your best bet is to get a taxi if that happens. I don't recommend the restaurant to vegans or vegetarians, as options are limited, and too bring your own food (closest supermarket in Apia). I would EXTREMELY recommend mosquito repels. That is one of the biggest problems here.

Other-wisely, that's it!

Room tip: Recommended rooms: rooms facing Apia
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DonutCat100

Thank you for your comments which is very helpful for us to improve as we move forward. All the best, Dave & Malama

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Dave Parker Eco Lodge is situated on a hill overlooking the Samoan capital of Apia. The view from the dining deck is spectacular, especially at nightfall when fruit bats flit across the sky and the lights of Appia twinkle below.
The Lodge offers a different experience to the resorts; the guest is offered a free ride each day in Dave's van to and from the city. I appreciated learning about the farm surrounding the Lodge and meeting the people along the way.
I enjoyed walking around the property, encountering forests and waterfalls.
There are some problems. I booked a riverside bungalow and was given, instead, a dilapidated room inside the Lodge. The menu is limited, the bar OK.The pool does not yet have a ladder, but Dave assures me it is coming.
The staff at Dave's Eco Resort are friendly and helpful. By staying there, I felt I learnt about the real Samoa.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Beverley R
Malama P, Manager at Dave Parker Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us, All the best, MALAMA

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at Dave Parker’s Eco Lodge for four days in August, this was our first visit to Samoa and we weren't disappointed. From the moment we arrived at the Eco Lodge we felt completely relaxed. The view from the verandah is beautiful as it overlooks lush bush and a panoramic view of the city, reef and ocean. We were really well looked after by Dave, Malama and their lovely staff which made our stay all the more enjoyable. When we first arrived we were handed a refreshing, chilled coconut so we could sip on coconut water while we put our feet up and admired the breath taking view. Our room we stayed in was comfortable and we had no problems with bugs or mozzies as the windows have insect screens which meant the louvre windows stayed opened letting in the refreshing Island air. We ate on site most days and the food was delicious. Most families on Sunday come together to enjoy a traditional Umu and this is what we were treated to as well. What also made this a memorable experience was, that if we wanted to we were able to participate in the preparation of the Umu including weaving a basket/plate to eat our umu from. This paradise setting not only has an onsite pool but you can also swim in the stunning fresh water lagoon which has its own waterfall. This idyllic bit of paradise is only 15-20 minutes from Apia, so If you don’t take the opportunity to stay at Dave Parker's Eco Lodge then you will be missing out on the beauty of the landscape and seeing what we call “The Real Samoa”

Personal note

Dear Dave and Malama, Barry and I would like to thank you so much for making our holiday in Samoa something extra special. We were quite over whelmed by your very generous and beautiful hospitality. We we're so well looked after that this is the first time we have ever gone away and relaxed straight away. Please also pass on our love and thanks on to Tia and Sia and we hope to one day again come back to Samoa and see you all. Thank you once again. All our love Barry and Debbie

Room tip: Good views looking over Apia
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Its a great feeling when a customer enjoyed their stay with us, I'm so glad you did, I will pass on the message to Dave and staff. Thank you and God bless. MALAMA