All reviews great waves fantastic stay staff were so friendly sua trench boatman jesse barrel island samoa reef
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I'm not one to usually write reviews but after reading some negative reviews from last year prior to our trip I feel compelled to.

From the moment we arrived until our plane departed we were totally looked after by Jesse and his crew. Everyone from the drivers, the boatmen and the ladies in the kitchen were awesome.

Food was epic, good variety and plenty of it!

Surf out from is probably the most consistent on the island and can be surfed on all tides. We also explored the island and surfed a few other spots including a couple on the North Coast when the winds were from the South.

See you next time!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank loganjarmstrong
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Salani Resort for few days and ended up staying a week and a half :) The place is beautiful, staff & manager super friendly, comfortable room (aircon, nice shower, nice views), waves almost every day. I recommend to rent your own car and visit Samoa between surf sessions.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nuriameler
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We popped into Salani for a day visit and were greeted by the owners. The grounds & pool are immaculately presented. And everyone very friendly. My partner went out a few times with a surf guide and raved about it! They are very knowledgeable and he was lucky to get barrels every time he went out. Highly recommended for those who like peace & quiet, healthy food and of course the surfers who want fun & good waves!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sophtes
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect. I wanted to go to a destination with good climate, good waves, minimal crowds. I chose Salani Surf Resort and all my expectations were exceeded. The Manager Jess and his staff were very welcoming from the first minute my wife and I arrived. I actually surfed twice on the first day after arriving. They have their own boats that take you out to the surf 5 minutes out to the reef. Don and Ben were driving the boats and were the best guys, great surfers, and we became friends on the trip. We chose the meal plan so we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with appetizers and desert every day. The food was good and always enough to eat and they mixed it up. I need to emphasize how hard Jesse worked to get us waves. There were a few days when the wind was onshore so we went to the other side of the island where it was offshore and I experienced some amazing waves over there too. Never anyone surfing but us.
Samoa is a great destination if you want to experience an unspoiled tropical island that seems not to have been disturbed by development. Salani Surf Resort provides you with individual free standing rooms with bedroom, bathroom, balcony, and AC. If you are looking for the same thing I was you will not be disappointed. The team at Salani will make sure you enjoy your stay. My wife and I had a wonderful time and we will definitely return!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAXbase
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a travel agent as being the place to be, the rooms and local staff where great. I waa so disappointed in the food that we ate at other resorts most days. Transports to and from activities was meant to be included but we had to pay most times. The place is a surf camp not a resort it has a pool but no deck chairs or anything to sit on. Loved samoa but i would not stay here over it was over priced for what you got . There is also lots of other places to stay at which have breaks right put front

Date of stay: August 2017