Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$51
Hotels.comUS$51
Orbitz.comUS$51
PricelineUS$51
CheapTicketsUS$51
TripadvisorUS$51
All reviews lounge area antarctic cruise hill port bedroom heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice, but it's not to be considered as an apart. You cannot cook anything on the rooms.
I stayed a week for skiing with my girlfriend and another friend couple.
I stayed at a triple room, 206.

Pros:
Rooms are big, comfortable.
Beds are good, mattresses were comfortable.
Breakfast was good, but not fantastic.
Milk, coffee, cookies, cake, some cereals (variety reduced during the week), 3 yougurth flavors, orange juice, crossaints, fresh bread, ham, cheese, sweets for the breads, butter, dulce de leche.
The boiled eggs were never ready at 7am when it started. They were ready at 7:25am. We always had breakfast first, so I don't know how it was after.

Cons:
Even though the water pressure and heat was good, at rush hour, the heater always lost temperature. On 4 out of 7 days I had to wait about 10 minutes so that the water began being warm again. In any case, temperature was good like 10 or 15 minutes later.
The room was pointing to the avenue, someone with light sleep can have issues to sleep.
The third person had to sleep on the living room.
The main door was no correctly insulated, so cold wind will always find its way at the bottom and the side. We had to put a towel below, and it was the colder room on the apartment.
The heaters are incorrectly put, the curtains fall right in front of them, so if you want them to work and heat the room, you have to put the curtains on the back. Bad planning.
If you ski, know that it has room only for 6 pairs of ski in the whole hotel.
There is no drying room for ski boots. Bring something to dry them.
The walk from the main avenue. San Martin, can be really steep. If you're not a sporty person you will have a hard time going up those 4 or 5 blocks. If it's snowing hard, it can be really tricky even if you're a sporty person.
The hotel was full and couldn't get late checkout.
If you're skiing the last day of your stay, you won't be able to take a shower, as you only have a restroom to use.
Theres no luggage room, your luggage will be on the restaurant.
I had to hire a day on a hostel to take a shower after the ski day, before my flight.
Hostel Aonikenk was at a block and a half away, so it's a good place to go and take a shower in a private room.
It's a good choice and cheap 800ars total for two people, with soap, shampoo and towels.

Overall: I'd come back, but if there was something else to try I'd do it.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hostalush, Gerente at Hostal Del Bosque Apart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you very much for your rating and comments. Your description of our hotel is highly detailed, but you may appreciate that it is exactly what we report on our website or in different online sales companies, just as the photographs published on the internet are exactly the facilities we have available.
We will check the preparation of the scrambled eggs at breakfast and the operation of the hot water. All our apartments have the 3rd bed in the living room as you can see in the photos.
The kitchinette area has a microwave, electric jug as you can see in the photos, but we also have an excellent restaurant with a varied menu and room service.
The hotel is located 400mts from the main street in slope since the city is on the mountainside as well can be seen in google maps or different online location services. The check out time is at 10am so if you have your flight at night it is advisable to book the late ckeck out (subject to availability) or book one more night, to be able to use the apartment until the last minute as it happens in any hotel .. Best regards
Hostal del Bosque

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Accommodation in Ushuaia seemed expensive to us in general but we felt we had good value with a really nice apartment at Del Bosque. There was plenty of space and a useful kitchenette. It was also nice and warm and had a good shower. The staff were good also and if the location was a short uphill walk from the water front, it did have nice views as a result. Would recommend.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

First, you must realize that while this hotel is five blocks from the main road, it is up a steep hill which makes it easy go down but a challenge to go up, again it’s a really really steep hill.

This is not an apartment as they might want you to think. It does not have a kitchen, just a sink, a microwave oven and a mini fridge, no stove or gas oven.

The room is pretty big and there is a sofa which could turn into a bed for kids I guess!

The bathroom is awful especially the sink, but there is a bidet if this is important to you.

The breakfast is terrible and it’s expensive, unfortunately there is nothing nearby and I had no choice but to have my coffee there.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank PamperedBackpacker
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I spent three days at the Hostal Del Bosque after my Antarctic Expedition. The location was fairly close to town, as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk up a steep hill, which I didn't mind. The rooms were a very good size, although a bit tired. All in all I would recommend the Hostal Del Bosque if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the downtown area.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Experience was good expect for the WIFI.
Their wifi is UTTERLY BAD, a shame for the property. Whenever I needed to see something on internet, I'd have to go somewhere else to do so.
Staff was ok, neither helpful or unfriendly.
Be aware: it's an apart Hotel and doesn't have a stove. If you're planning to cook forget it.
Room was nice though, always clean and neat. Water pressure was great. Clean linens and towels. Heater all right.
Located four blocks from the Main Street, was kinda close, but it is on the top of a ladder, be aware.
Greatest thing: breakfast. Delicious and had a decent variety of breads, toasts, cooks and local sugar bread.

Date of stay: July 2017