See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is an ok hotel with a clean and bright reception and quite basic but clean rooms. It wasn't anything special, but after having paid a lot more for a hostel with a shared bathroom in Ushuaia, we were happy with it.
The breakfast was toasts and croissant, orange ' squash' and hot drinks, and was served very promptly.
The wifi signal is pretty weak and we had to use our laptop in the lobby area as it didn't reach to our room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Fuimos con mi esposo una noche porque tenia que rendir un examen.Llegamos cerca de las 10 am. El personal muy agradable pero a las 14hs una vez que tomamos la habitacion decidimos descanzar para luego ir a tomar el examen y escuchamos ruidos de aspiradora casi toda la siesta hasta las 17 hs, sumado a eso al lado nuestro estaba el señor de mantenimiento arreglando una cama a los martillazos.
Al otro dia nos levantamos y no habia agua, nos dijeron que deberiamos esperar y luego de media hora salio el agua. Si hubiera sabido antes me levantaba mas temprano para prepararme.
la habitacion comoda, el desayuno bueno.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nati f
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I needed a place in Rio Gallegos for my family to spend a night. The guidebooks tend to recommend this hotel but, as you can see below, the tripadvisor reviewers tend to be unimpressed. But unable to find an affordable alternative, I decided to pick the Sehuen after they offered me a rate under US$100 for a family room.

Reports of the rooms being unclean or dilapidated seem wrong to me. Nothing in the room was "new," but nothing was offensive either. In the USA, I'd say the hotel provided 2-star comfort. The location was fine; I think I did notice some sort of pet business nearby, but nothing that would bother an ordinary traveller. There was free parking right in front of the hotel.

So why only a 3-star review? Well, first, they messed up my reservation -- despite having me make it on their "efficient" online reservation system. I had to show them my online emails with the front desk to get the agreed-upon rate. Second, the hotel was pretty darn noisy; hallway noise woke me up on at least 3 occasions. Little sound-proofing and "dumb" guests (who thought nothing of chatting in the halls at 2 am) were equal culprits. I'd request a room as far from the front desk as possible to minimize noise. Finally, breakfast was pretty poor; toast, pastry, juice and coffee (of course, that's all you'll get in most Argentine hotels).

Bottomline is that if you're not a very picky traveller and you get a good rate here, it's more than an acceptable place to stay. But it's not exactly a hotel I would look forward to returning to.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The rooms were so small, we could not even open one suitcase. Staff was not very helpful, place left a filthy impression on us. While the hotel was quite busy during our stay (the former President and husband of the current Argentinian President was burried in town that day) it was very noisy most of the night. Impression was more of a poor hostel rather than a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel is quite poor. The beds are outdated and not that clean. Bathrooms superficially sanitized. I stayed there to avoid the other hotel in town recently opened with money fropm politicians, but it really does not offer any service or amenities.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business