All reviews fossil canyon upsala glacier day trippers boat ride overnight guests horse riding incredible experience mile hike awe inspiring delicious lunch long hike special place views of the mountains hiking trip two night stay amazing views lago argentina
Reviewed 11 January 2017

My sister and I stayed at EC for two nights late November. The lodge and the location were beautiful. Bartender and waitresses were terrific, however one of the receptionists wasn't friendly and the welcome/boat ride organization was poor as we were moved several times and ignored upon arrival at the estancia, which made us feel unwelcome. Activities are scheduled at set times, so if you are planning on having a personalized experience tailored to your schedule, it is more like working around their times.

Food was plentiful and ranged from bland to great. If you are a foodie, this wouldn't be the place for you. What was amazing was the hikes and the scenery. Our guide Gonzalo was terrific. If you can go when there's not too many people booked, that would be best as the lodge isn't big, so if there is a large group (there was a group of 6 arriving with us for one night) it doesn't feel remote and relaxing. The second night we were alone and it was way more peaceful.

I would recommend small details to improve the lodge to 5 star quality: ear plugs for the wind--it can be extremely loud to the point you cannot sleep, replacement of amenities like shampoo/conditioner, and consistently friendly staff.

I originally gave the lodge 4 starts, however I am re-editing this review because the lodge double charged me an extra $1546 USD. Funnily enough, they contacted me to inform me of the double charge, in which I checked and indeed they had charged me twice. After a month of back and forth in which they insisted they have refunded me my money, I have not received my money back--and I have checked with my bank several times. I am now disputing the charge, but adding the difficulty and disorganization of the Estancia and the frustration of not receiving a substantial amount of money back, I am reducing my rating to 2 stars.

Stayed: November 2016
Lucia S, Comercial at Estancia Cristina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Dear Van K, thank you for taking the time to write another opinion.
I have already checked with our Manager and Booking department and they confirmed me that the refund was successfully done. As they have already explained, there was a misunderstanding on which credit card we should have done it.
We understand that all this may have taken more time than desired, but it wasn't never our intention to bothering you at all.
We apologize, one more time, for all the inconvenience caused. And, in case you prefere, you can contact us via e-mail, as how we were communicating during this time.
From the all staff of Estancia Cristina, we want to thank you one more time for your intention of letting us know your experience in order to keep on improving our service.
Best regards, Lucia Santomil - Comercial Estancia Cristina.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Great blend of history, ecological unique areas, great service. Rooms are spacious, clean and safe. "Lodge" and dining areas are warm and cozy. Hiking trails take you up too 360 vistas. Horseback riding was a fun addition though it was very controlled. Staff is responsive and professional. Tour guides are knowledgeable and convey right amount of information (don't overload.)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Estancia Cristina!
Regards, Estancia Cristina staff.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The lodge rooms are very comfortable and lovely! The restaurant is outstanding! The grounds are rugged and so beautiful. The history as shown in the on site museum is very interesting. The staff is very helpful. I highly recommend this lodge!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lucia S, Comercial at Estancia Cristina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Thank you very much Susan M for your review and recommendation!
Kind regards, Estancia Cristina staff.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Estancia Cristina Lodge. Although we only stayed 1 night, we managed to go on an exhilarating horse ride, trek to the waterfall and its surroundings as well as go on a 4x4 drive to gain a magnificent view of the Upscala glacier from afar. Our guide, Gonzalos, was excellent!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lucia S, Comercial at Estancia Cristina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you so much for for your review! We hope to see you soon again :)
Warm regards, Estancia Cristina staff.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My family's highlight of Argentina from the horseback riding to the food to the hiking to the biking to the breathtaking scenery this is a not to be missed part of Patagonia. Expensive but truly with the price. My ten year old and 12 year old girls LOVED it and I couldn't agree more

Room Tip: Best resort ever
Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lucia S, Comercial at Estancia Cristina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience at the Estancia!
Warm regards, Estancia Cristina staff.