All reviewshonesty barguest housecharacter and charmmaster suiteamazing viewstownlakekmpatagoniasofashore
Reviewed 12 March 2009

Not much to add to all the preceding glowing reviews. It was a wonderful stay in a beautiful area. Without doubt the hosts Flavia and Gaby go out of their way to assist you with any request including recommendations for local sight seeing trips. As for the food its excellent - try the lasagna, the best I've ever tasted.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Los Juncos is an absolute gem of Bariloche. The owner, Flavia, and Gabi, the chef are absolutely amazing and made our stay fantastic! Flavia helped us in so many ways, especially with renting a car and giving us directions and a map to do a couple of scenic drives. Every night we came back and had the best food we had our entire 5 week trip around South America courtesy of Gabi. The rooms are all individually decorated and are so cozy that it feels like being at home rather than a hotel. Don't stay anywhere else in Bariloche - we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 25 January 2009

Our stay at Los Juncos is truly what made our experience in Bariloche absolutely wonderful. Flavia is a fantastic, warm, caring host who clearly loves to take the time to help (and befriend!) all her guests. Gabe's food is out of this world - of all the delicious meals we ate in Argentina Gabe's come out ahead. The lake house is 20km from Bariloche's center right on the lake. I was happy to be outside the crowds in town and in a more idyllic setting. The rooms were all beautiful and well-decorated, especially the main bar/breakfast/living room area, and the property is well-maintained. My husband and I overlapped our stay with visitors Milly09 and DaniSF that posted reviews below and I agree with their review of Los Juncos 100%. Los Juncos is a very special, magical place to spend your holiday in Bariloche.

Reviewed 19 January 2009

My friend and I had a feeling about the Posada. She found it initially on trip advisor and asked me to look at the website to see what I thought.

It had a certain charm and down to earth feeling about it that we felt would just enhance the stunning area we were visiting. And it certainly did help that Posada is set in one of the most beautiful locations, looking out over the stunning lake Nahuel Huapi with the snow capped mountains in the background.

The tranquility & earthiness of Posada Los Juncos was the initial draw & hits you immediately. The genuine friendliness & invaluable help that we received from the (beautiful) Flavia who runs the place just makes the whole experience that much more personal. She makes you feel like you're the most important person in the place and she can't do enough for you. Her heart and soul goes into that place and is reflected in every part of the experience.

There are 5 rooms at Posada, each individually designed with beautiful natural objects from all around Patagonia. Rooms are incredibly clean, spacious, uniquely charming in their interiors and you have either incredible views of the lake or their very pretty garden where they grow all their own herbs & vegetables for the evening meals.

We arrived and were greeted like long lost friends. There is a fantastic 'sitting room' area within the same area where breakfast and dinner are served. This is somewhat the heart of Posada. People from all walks of life tend to gather here so whilst you can be as private as you want, you also have the opportunity to mingle and meet some really fabulous people.

Talking of meals: outstanding food is all I can say. Gabriel, Flavia's equally gorgeous brother, is the resident chef and his food is simply mouth watering & better than most top London restaurants I've been to. We ate at the Posada every night because there was simply no need to try other restaurants when we knew we were getting the best cooking available. They use fresh, local produce and all the herbs & fresh vegetables are generally from the garden. You have to try the traditional dishes & there are usually a few to decide from each night. it's often a tough choice & anyone who's a foodie, be prepared to put on about half a stone! Gaby's piece de la resistance had to be the Mal Fatti (my friend & I had it two nights in a row) and one of our favourite evenings was when he held a cooking class and taught us all to make Empinada's...

Whether you want to go walking, horse riding, sunbathe in the garden reading a book or find a hidden beach on the way to Villa D'angoustoura, take a cable car to see those breathtaking panoramic views, Posada is THE place to base yourself in. It is further on from Bariloche but only 45mins by car from the airport and is a breath of fresh air away from the hustle & bustle of the town.

Overall, this was one of the highlights in terms of accommodation during our trip around Argentina. Having stayed in various hotels in BA & Uruguay, i can honestly say, the friendliness, the helpfulness, the smooth running and those little extras just made the whole experience magical.

Posada is an incredibly special place. I miss the place, the people, the views & I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2009

I went to Los Juncos after seeing all the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor. I had high expectations and Flavia and her brother Gabe far exceeded them (and believe me that was tough!). My fiance and I had just gotten engaged before we came to Bariloche and we also had his birthday while there so we had a lot to celebrate and I couldn't imagine a better place to do it.

First off, the property is beautiful. A small house (5 rooms total) settled near the lake. The decor is rustic and very thought out to every detail. By all the interior design magazines in the place, someone knew what they were doing!

The best part of Los Juncos though are the people. I felt taken care of from the first email with Flavia (she owns and runs Los Juncos). She helped me and answered all my emailed questions. Then their is her brother Gabe who is the chef at Los Juncos, what a great cook! We ate their every night of our stay and I think we enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere as well as the great food.

Flavia took every details in my fiance's birthday celebration. Placing a bottle of champagne and balloons in our room and helping set up a romantic picnic during the day.

I fell in love with Bariloche, Los Juncos and Flavia and Gabe that week. They are amazing people and helped create a most memorable experience. You will not be disappointed.