All reviews local roads unmade road luxurious home small room hotel beautiful hotel nice balcony quick tour indoor outdoor pool is two bottles of water amazing views recommend renting a car rustic charm quiet location circuito chico argentina trip small pool felt like home
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Our experience at the Aldebaran was excellent. This boutique hotel has a great view of the lake and mountains.
Our room, on the top floor was very spacious, private and with a very nice balcony. The ladies at the reception desk are very helpful and kind. The breakfast is very good and the dinner menu while not of great variety it is well prepared and served.It was the best option if you do not wish to over spend at the Lalo Lalo and still get the smallest oldest room in the place. I do recommend renting a car because the hotel is not on the main road.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Farmaestra
Mercedes O, Gerente at Aldebaran Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Farmaestra,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experience at Aldebarán Hotel & Spa.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so much your spacious room with views to Nahuel Huapi lake, our gastronomy and the warm and professional service of our staff.
Also, many thanks for the piece of advise for our potencial guests!
I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Aldebaran is an intimate luxury hotel on the San Pedro peninsula outside of Bariloche (20km) and sits right on the lake with a view of the mountains. Its located very close to the Circuito Chico and other tourist attractions. I would recommend renting a car for your stay at this hotel because its somewhat isolated on the peninsula and getting to the public bus line would be a bit of a walk. Plus, having a car allows you to enjoy more of the area. The staff at this hotel offer the highest customer service to ensure you are enjoying your stay. The rooms are comfortable and clean. They give you a complimentary bottle of water every day. The breakfast is outstanding. They offer dinners at the hotel and the chef is excellent offering gourmet entradas, main dishes, and dessert options. The spa has an indoor and outdoor heated pool, hot tub, sauna, showers, and massage on request. There is a wifi connection, living room with TV, fireplace, terraza, garden, and bar. We stayed in the family suite on the top floor hoping for a terrace with a view of the mountains and lake, however it turns out that this room that does not offer a terrace facing the mountains and lake. The terrace for this room faces the garden/parking area and did not have any place to sit. I would recommend ensuring that you get a room facing the lake with a terrace which all other rooms offer and they include a table and chairs for enjoying the view. Our room was comfortable for sure, it just didn't have the terrace we were hoping for. Overall our experience was delightful and we would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor with a terrace facing mountains and lake
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Mercedes O, Gerente at Aldebaran Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear JCB2005,

We sincerely appreciate the 5 Stars rating as well as the kind comments! Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and yes, the Family suite has views to the gardens, as it is explained in the room features. However, we are sorry to read that you were a bit disappointed about that. And, many thanks for pointing out that there was no place to sit, we have already placed some chairs in the terrace for the future guests comfort.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

My wife and I stayed at Aldebaran during the first half of April 2017 as our second visit.
We felt like home again. Service was excellent. Breakfast is memorable. Every little detail is being taken care of.
Everybody greeted us as friends back for a visit. It was really nice.
I recommend this hotel to those who cherish quietness, good service and privacy.
If allowed by city or township regulations, I would have management consider trimming trees right next to the hotel in order to improve the view from rooms in the main floor.
Thanks Carolina and staff for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2017

Dear faarawaypampas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your second stay in Aldebarán Hotel & Spa! We deeply appreciate your loyalty.

Thank you for also for your comments about our great staff and your observations in regards to the trees. I will certainly share your kind words to the team.

When you're returning to San Carlos de Bariloche, please let me know. I would like to personally oversee your next reservation.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We loved loved loved Aldebaran. We fell in love with Bariiloche and this beautiful boutique hotel. So much so that it was here that we decided to return in Argentina in a couple of years.

When we arrived after a bit of a harrowing drive from Junin de los Andes (big accident on the highway) we were greeted at reception by two women who gave us a quick tour and then opened the kitchen so we could have lunch. When we came down from the room we saw they had set up a table by the window. We were the only guests in the hotel at that time of day so we had a solo lunch of salad and empinadas. It was really nice.

The room was large, beautiful and overlooked the lake. Yes you have to take the stairs but it was worth it. Bed was comfortable. The view from the balcony was beautiful and serene. We enjoyed a few glasses while sitting on the balcony over our 3 nights here.

We did use the spa, but the pool was much to warm for us. It was very pretty though.

We loved the fact the hotel is located away from Bariloche centre. At the Aldabaran you can enjoy the best of what the region has to offer in terms of scenery and serenity. It is not far from the city centre if you want to spend some time in the shops.

The restaurant is good. We ate there every night as we like to have wine with dinner and did not want to have to take a cab to another restaurant. We were happy with the quality of the food and the wine list.

The staff are amazing. We got good advice and directions to nearby hikes and other activities. We left a bottle of wine in the room when we left for the day and when we got back we found two wine glasses on the table next to the bottle. They have turn down service and leave two bottles of water by your bed. I returned early on our first day as I had fallen quite badly and hurt my elbow. They were very attentive, getting me some ice and asking me over the course of our stay how I was feeling. I heard staff members helping other guests by getting them cars or booking them on tours. My husband asked about chocolate shops in the area and was told he would have to go to Bariloche centre to get the good ones, however as the manager was in town that day the staff member just called her and she picked some up for us! That was so unexpected.

Just an amazing stay. When we come back (and we will!) it will be for longer.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Mercedes O, Gerente at Aldebaran Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear Pat Y,

Wow! Thank you for your "absolutely divine" review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed three wonderful days with us and that everyone on our team helped you have an incredible stay. I look forward to sharing your kind words with them.
We feel very honoured to be regarded as your best hotel in Argentina and we want to thank you for giving us the chance of being part of your trip.
We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

This hotel is away from downtown Bariloche and down a long bumpy dirt road. I was surprised to find a lovely little boutique hotel. Our room was #4. The room was very clean and comfortable. The view of the lake was spectacular! There is no elevator so you have to navigate a few steps, but they do have bellman to help with luggage. I did not use the spa, but it was small, but lovely. We enjoyed our 2 breakfasts there and 1 dinner. It is a great place to relax and get away.

Room Tip: 4 is larger than some of the others that I saw. Upstairs rooms have a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Mercedes O, Gerente at Aldebaran Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear ViviCharlotte_NC_USA,
Thanks a lot for reviewing us!
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so much the comfort and the views of your Deluxe room and our gastronomy.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.