All reviews the main house horse riding reuben other guests continental divide magical place lake gutierrez dogs and cats crystal clear lake interesting people idyllic location argentina trip the entire staff hiking trails very special place beautiful room stunning views
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We stayed 3 nights in January and loved it! We had a spacious and comfortable room on the top floor of the main building with great views down the lawn to the lake. The entire staff were very friendly and welcoming, and worked hard to make sure we had a great holiday. The food was very good and we enjoyed the cocktails and conversation with the other guests before dinner. They have several hiking trails mapped out right at the property and we had three fantastic hikes, especially the "blue" trail (hard, but well worth the effort). We loved seeing the dogs, cats, and horses romping around the property. We both had a very good and reasonably priced massage while there.
It's true that it's rural, but that's what we love, peace and quiet, a spectacular setting, lots of great activities, a comfortable room, and very friendly people.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
peumahue, Owner at Estancia Peuma Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you Evie so much for your lovely report. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, our staff, what we offer, our animals and the peacefulness of this place so much. We would love to see you back some day and we wish you the very, very best
Eve and all the team at Peuma Hue

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We loved everything about our stay at Puema Hue and did not want to leave! For starters, the location exceeded our expectations: it sits on 500 acres of pristine land, overlooking a gorgeous lake and mountains, with amazing views in every location. You cannot stop taking photos of the scenery. It's remote and completely serene; only the sounds from birds and horses punctuate the tranquility. We went just as a couple and had a wonderful time on our own but also in befriending other really lovely guests. It's a perfect place as well for kids who can roam the property with endless things to do.
All of the food is organic and grown on the property and absolutely delicious; they will accommodate any diet restrictions. The staff could not have been more warm and friendly. Eve, the owner, is lovely and her commitment to the environment, sustainability and kindness is evident in every aspect of how she manages her luxury lodge. It is truly a special place and we felt so lucky to discover it. If we could, we'd return every year!

Date of stay: January 2018
peumahue, Owner at Estancia Peuma Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you Ashley for such wonderful report! So kind and we appreciate it so much! Knowing that what we offered reached your hearts and knowing you enjoyed every bit of it, gives us all the drive to keep doing the best we can in offering the best in each step we take. From healthy food, to all the activities, the comfort of our rooms, the way we treat our animals to make them so friendly but mostly, rendering the best service we can from our hearts. So THANK YOU! Thank you for visiting, for sharing with us, for enjoying, for having such a great spirit. We sincerely hope to see you back some day. With our warmest and very best wishes
Eve and all the team at Peuma Hue

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely ranch with lovely horses dogs, cats and staff! We rode through and around the lake, in forests and open fields. Horses well looked after, food lovely and the views of the lake and the cathedral mountain were simply stunning!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
peumahue, Director Comercial at Estancia Peuma Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hello Claire,
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to have you back soon.
Best,
The Peuma Hue team

Reviewed 18 January 2018

3 stars as an average; people who stay here will either love it or hate it.

I was here as part of a family vacation that I did not plan. I am very much an urban vacationer: concerts, shows, museums, restaurants, nightlife...people.

This place is the opposite end of the spectrum from that. Spectacularly beautiful surroundings, leisurely atmosphere, mountain-trail hiking, horseback riding, still-lake kayaking, organic sustainable meals, and nothing to do after dinner but look up at the stars. If that's your idea of an idyllic vacation, you will *love* this place.

If you're like me, you'll be bored out of your mind in less than 36 hours.

Trip type: Travelled with family
peumahue, Director Comercial at Estancia Peuma Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hello Alexander,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for your kind words regarding our property.
I'm sorry you felt bored during your stay but, as you say, what we offer might not be the best choice for all travelers. We try to offer a place retired from the noise and crowds of the city to relax or do adventurous activities and to connect with people, animals and nature; but from time to time we receive people that prefer a different experience with nightlife and frequent restaurant outings. In these cases we try to accommodate by arranging transfers to the city (only 25 minutes away) or car rentals to explore the area - we even have some great dining suggestions :) I'm sorry we couldn't help you enough with this but I do hope the rest of your stay in Bariloche was enjoyable and filled with excitement!
Best,

Luz
Front Desk & Bookings

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We first visited Estancia Peuma Hue in January of 2017 and then when back a week ago in 2018. Both visits were at the end of exhausting adventures through Patagonia and then Antarctica. We wanted to relax before our long journey home. We did.

We found this ranch to be welcoming, comforting, charming, homey - there's wonderful energy in the mountain air and from the hosts... We kayaked on the pristine crystal clear lake, rode beautiful horses, soaked in the fire heated hot tub, played with the dogs and cats and horses all roaming free on the property, ate delicious meals. After you read the poem my better half wrote for me, you'll understand why I wanted to go back. And, no, he's never written anything like this to me before. We both just found something very magical about this place. It inspired him to write poetry and me to want to return.

My Patagonia Girl

Soaring on a condors wing
I circle you, my Patagonia
Like the warm morning sunlight
You wrap me in your warmth

Riding on the breath of fallen sailors
I steal a kiss but am greeted by a gale
And get a taste of your briny shores

With each rise of your breast
Waves wash over me
Deep fjords left unexplored
Until a later time

I cross the steepe to try and understand you
To know your expanses
Is to know true love

The amber grass, like your golden hair waivers in the breeze
And constant as your winds
I seek your touch

With the onslaught of day
The blue aura of your crown begins to fade
The sun pours through your valleys like a river
Cascading down your peaks
Revealing the secrets of your depth

Glacier lakes, your eyes melt my heart
For eons of time
Ice and rock tell their stories
Shared stories in the hills and valleys that surround me

As I enter your forest
We intertwine like the branches
And communicate
Like then Morse code etched on bark of the lenga tree

I have followed you to the end of the world
Just to find our new beginning
Oh, my Patagonia girl

Room tip: Ranch house, top floor, think it's the master. Big room. Great views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
peumahue, Owner at Estancia Peuma Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dearest guests - becoming friends by now... Wow!!! What a BEAUTIFUL poem!! I could soar through the winds, into both your hearts... I can remember you close and next to each other on the couch during cocktails and feeling the love you exuded. Just having been a tiny witness of your travels and depth, I feel so honored. I hope this Patagonia brings you back once again and allows us once more, to host and celebrate your existence. With much love
Eve and the team at Peuma Hue