See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Wonderful stay.. great location walking distance to plaza 9 de Julio, several museums, shopping, restaurants, pharmacy and a grocery store.

Large standard room, king bed, and frig.

Included breakfast has a nice variety of items to choose from.

The staff was great!! Friendly and very helpful.

Thomas and David especially helpful in making suggestions for sites to see and arrangements for travel to them.

Fast turn around on laundry service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

What a difference hotel staff can make. The only reason I'm leaving this review is for the kindness and patience of the staff that work at this hotel, specifically Patricia. A beautiful kind hearted soul who spent an hour trying to locate a tour for me. I was staying at Hotel Las Vegas which is a few feet away from this hotel and had asked the day receptionist to find and book 2 tours for me. When I returned to the hotel after a long day site seeing I asked if my excursions were reserved for the next 2 days. The night receptionist said there was no bookings or messages left for me. To make a long story short the day receptionist had forgotten to call and I was left with no reservations for the 2 days I had requested. I was very upset that I had no excursions waiting for me. Salta is a location to stay at in order to see other towns which are about 2-4 hours away. It's not a place you come to see for itself. So when you don't have a booked excursion, there isn't much to do. All the excursions leave very early in the morning so if you don't have it reserved the night before, you waste a day. Patricia is wonderful staff member and will see to it that your vacation and stay in Salta will be enjoyed. I wasn't a guest at the hotel and she treated me wonderfully. Thank you so much Patricia for showing me such kindness and making sure I had an excursion set for the next day.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2012

During our stay, we were unable to find staff who whould have spoken English. Our room was quite worn out, with a quite small window.

The hotel has a very good location in the middle of the city. However, so have most of the other hotels as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zeppo123
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We too were shown to the small dark room with a view of a wall.............
When I explained that we were here for my wife's birthday and that I would appreciate a better room, we were immediately upgraded, (The hotel was half empty).
The doormnen and desk clerks and the waiter Mario were a joy to deal with. The manager unprompted, presented my wife with a birthday cake, along with hugs and kisses.
The upgraded room was just fine with a good view of the city.A good central location and a nice rooftop patio and swimming pool
All in all we were very happy with what we had.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brainsby
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Location - Pretty central, on Caseros Street, a few blocks away from Salta's lovely main square. A few minutes away by taxi from the bus station, 20 minutes taxi from the airport.

The hotel room was not very impressive, to say the least. The decor is a bit shabby and inelegant - it was very basic.

The room was on the small size for 2 people with luggage, as was the double bed. Lighting was very poor indeed, with only 2 lights in the room and a small window which overlooked the wall on the opposite side.

The room was a bit too warm but included air conditioning. However, to turn on the aircon meant moving the TV cupboard so that it could be plugged in and then keeping the curtains off the vent. (probably they didn't want you to use the aircon)

The cable TV had plenty of the usual channels available in Argentina, but the picture quality was poor (the worst of any hotel we stayed at in the country).

The water in the bathroom came out in occasional spurts and the shower leaked a little from the shower curtain.

There were plenty of staff milling about in the lobby and seemed happy to help out with cases etc. The lobby was a bit of a smoker's hang-out, so not particularly pleasant. There was free internet access there with 1 old computer available.

There was 1 step (no ramp) to the front door.

Breakfast was a buffet and was decent enough, with a good view of the street below.

Price was above average at around US$60 per night.

We only stayed here because other places were full - recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hopalong