All reviewscow hidejetted tubthe main squareroom ratelower floorlarge windowsthe air conditioninga great staycomfortable bedsspent nightsmac and cheeseboutique hotellobbyplazaargentinagyminternet
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I was really impressed with the service at this hotel. The staff generally spoke English really well and were incredibly helpful. I prearranged my airport transfers with the Hotel and they were great value with a really good driver. Breakfast was included and included a good variety.
Centrally-located, it was really easy to walk from the hotel to the main attractions in Salta, and all of my tours collected from the lobby.
The room was pleasant, with a view of the park and the city. My only criticism was that the door stuck a little, making it hard to open, but the housekeeper saw my dilemma and showed me the trick of it!
Room service was nice, the massage treatments on offer seemed really cheap but sadly I didn't have time to try them - and the laundry was also cheap. I wasn't able to discover if there was an actual restaurant for dinner in the hotel and it would have been nice to have a bit more guest information on hand but if I had any questions I just asked.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The design suites are very centrally located. In stead of in the concrete new building we had our room in the palazio. Old grandeur, very big rooms and bath, great beds, just a little noisy because of the streetsounds.
The bar is really nothing, the pool on the rooftop is great.
Breakfast is over simple, but yet decent.
We believe one of the better places to stay in salta especially when sleeping in the old palazio building

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Design Suites and really liked the hotel. It’s design is a mixture of modern and old combined. We had a corner bedroom with large windows giving us great views over the town. The rooms are well furnished. Breakfast is standard affair but nothing wrong with it. There is parking outside the hotel too. The location is walking distance to the main square where the Cathedral Basilica de Salta is close to lots of other attractions. I would choose this property if I visit Salta again.

The only criticism is the lack of WI-FI in the corner rooms. They need to fix this.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We are staying in this hotel for a week and it has been a pleasant stay. Different people may look for different things but for us, whenever you have issue they problem solve it right away, that's service. We did like our spacious room on the lower floor initially but since it was underneath a gym, they switched us to the top floor the next day when it became available. We have some issue with the air conditioning as cold air sometimes turns into a fan. Every call has been immediately addressed. We like the breakfast as they serve fresh orange or grapefruit juice. Croissants are fresh. The usual ham and cheese, with fresh fruits available. Good coffee. Wi-Fi works fine on mobile phone, a bit sluggish on our laptop. Staff are courteous and helpful. Overall, a great stay. We were able to enjoy fireworks on rooftop, and at times brought our takeout to enjoy the evening view up there. Only improvement to suggest to the hotel is not to charge room rate with tax for foreign guests in advance and only refund in the end. Passports have already been provided so it should be easily done at checkin.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I loved the room, the location and the small rooftop pool, but I wasn't impressed with the breakfast. Too much sugar, white bread and cakes - and no real alternatives. But I guess that is just how breakfast is served in Argentina outside the capital.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel