All reviews rooftop pool jetted tub the main square room rate lower floor reception staff large windows perfect hotel the air conditioning spent nights a great stay comfortable beds breakfast buffet mac and cheese boutique hotel lobby plaza
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Design Suites and really liked the hotel. It’s design is a mixture of modern and old combined. We had a corner bedroom with large windows giving us great views over the town. The rooms are well furnished. Breakfast is standard affair but nothing wrong with it. There is parking outside the hotel too. The location is walking distance to the main square where the Cathedral Basilica de Salta is close to lots of other attractions. I would choose this property if I visit Salta again.

The only criticism is the lack of WI-FI in the corner rooms. They need to fix this.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We are staying in this hotel for a week and it has been a pleasant stay. Different people may look for different things but for us, whenever you have issue they problem solve it right away, that's service. We did like our spacious room on the lower floor initially but since it was underneath a gym, they switched us to the top floor the next day when it became available. We have some issue with the air conditioning as cold air sometimes turns into a fan. Every call has been immediately addressed. We like the breakfast as they serve fresh orange or grapefruit juice. Croissants are fresh. The usual ham and cheese, with fresh fruits available. Good coffee. Wi-Fi works fine on mobile phone, a bit sluggish on our laptop. Staff are courteous and helpful. Overall, a great stay. We were able to enjoy fireworks on rooftop, and at times brought our takeout to enjoy the evening view up there. Only improvement to suggest to the hotel is not to charge room rate with tax for foreign guests in advance and only refund in the end. Passports have already been provided so it should be easily done at checkin.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AHA2006
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I loved the room, the location and the small rooftop pool, but I wasn't impressed with the breakfast. Too much sugar, white bread and cakes - and no real alternatives. But I guess that is just how breakfast is served in Argentina outside the capital.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The first impression has not been positive. Although well located, the lobby experience has been very poor. Staff has never been so unfriendly and cold. Same with the lobby, very cold (due to the so called design) and by the way not heated when outside was quite cold. Rooms are ok though but careful of the maintenance of design style and furnitures. It won't last long before a refurbishment is needed. Wifi was weak in the rooms. Breakfast was in a nice place but quality of the ingredients poor and the place not heated. There was no one available for service in the breakfast room. Rooms noisy due to traffic in the street.
No one also to take care of your luggages. Not really a great souvenir.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Rooms are spacious, great view, comfortable beds, excellent bathrooms, clean. Staff have been very courteous and helpful. Breakfast lacks non-processed-meat-protein but that's actually normal for Argentina (could anyone make an egg - even just hard-boiled - for the rest of the world that eats them normally for breakfast?) But the issues: last night upon arriving, this morning, and tonight the internet did not work properly. Sorry but if I am staying in a modern design hotel, this HAS to work 100% of the time. And tonight, I went to use the rooftop Jacuzzi, which is THE ONLY REASON I booked this hotel in comparison with others similar, and have been looking forward to it for weeks, and it is EMPTY when I got there. I am ok with the idea that you only fill it upon request - however maybe TRAIN THE STAFF that when a guest who is checking in SPECIFICALLY asks about the jacuzzi, in addition to saying where to walk from the elevator, please also know that if you need time to fill it, LET YOUR GUESTS KNOW so that they can actually use it. Having to come down with my towel on and promising a giant jacuzzi can be filled in 5 minutes is not believeable and hence not ok. Otherwise we go to bed tired and unhappy and feeling cheated. ANd right now I feel like I should get some money back. Engañada. Así es.

Date of stay: July 2017