All reviews cow hide jetted tub the main square room rate lower floor large windows the air conditioning a great stay comfortable beds spent nights mac and cheese boutique hotel lobby plaza argentina gym internet
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I loved the room, the location and the small rooftop pool, but I wasn't impressed with the breakfast. Too much sugar, white bread and cakes - and no real alternatives. But I guess that is just how breakfast is served in Argentina outside the capital.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The first impression has not been positive. Although well located, the lobby experience has been very poor. Staff has never been so unfriendly and cold. Same with the lobby, very cold (due to the so called design) and by the way not heated when outside was quite cold. Rooms are ok though but careful of the maintenance of design style and furnitures. It won't last long before a refurbishment is needed. Wifi was weak in the rooms. Breakfast was in a nice place but quality of the ingredients poor and the place not heated. There was no one available for service in the breakfast room. Rooms noisy due to traffic in the street.
No one also to take care of your luggages. Not really a great souvenir.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Rooms are spacious, great view, comfortable beds, excellent bathrooms, clean. Staff have been very courteous and helpful. Breakfast lacks non-processed-meat-protein but that's actually normal for Argentina (could anyone make an egg - even just hard-boiled - for the rest of the world that eats them normally for breakfast?) But the issues: last night upon arriving, this morning, and tonight the internet did not work properly. Sorry but if I am staying in a modern design hotel, this HAS to work 100% of the time. And tonight, I went to use the rooftop Jacuzzi, which is THE ONLY REASON I booked this hotel in comparison with others similar, and have been looking forward to it for weeks, and it is EMPTY when I got there. I am ok with the idea that you only fill it upon request - however maybe TRAIN THE STAFF that when a guest who is checking in SPECIFICALLY asks about the jacuzzi, in addition to saying where to walk from the elevator, please also know that if you need time to fill it, LET YOUR GUESTS KNOW so that they can actually use it. Having to come down with my towel on and promising a giant jacuzzi can be filled in 5 minutes is not believeable and hence not ok. Otherwise we go to bed tired and unhappy and feeling cheated. ANd right now I feel like I should get some money back. Engañada. Así es.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2017

From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel, this was a great experience. The reception staff were well trained, polite and very helpful. The hotel's design is unique, modern and stands out. Too bad the front faces a much bigger and overbearing hotel across the street. The restaurant is in what looks like an old bank building. Very clever and attractive. The free breakfast was good and more than adequate. Beautiful marble bathroom with nice amenities. Free safe in the room. Bed was comfortable and warm (Salta is cold in the winter!) Location of the hotel very convenient to the main plaza and many walkable attractions. It was good value for the money and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: One's as good as another.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Gerencia Design S, Gerente at Design Suites Salta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Design Suites Salta.
We appreciate your quality in our quality services.
We hope to have you with us in a future stay.
Regards,
Eugenia Cornejo

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Pro: pool, funky design, walking distance to the square and alta Montana museum
Cons: miscommunication about the pick up transportation payment eventhough we called to confirm, staff is meh (normally i would not mind if I didn't pay top price), the breakfast is okish the one that annoyed is me when I ask for bacon (it was on their card) they gave us like thick torn bits of burned pork ( am sure it was not bacon nor rasher)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
We appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our service standards.
We hope to have you with us in a future stay.
Regards,