“This trip ROCKS...literally”

Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Tilcara
More attraction details
Owner description: Tou
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Jose and our llamas stand out as one of the highlights of our trip.
I honestly had no idea what this day would entail and it over delivered.
The 4 hour trek, the beautiful scenery, interacting with the animals and learning how to hike the terrain were all new for us. I would not describe as as the "outdoorsy" type. We, both in our 60's, spend our days behind desks not climbing up rocky paths.
When we reached the summit, Jose unpacked a beautiful lunch, set up a table and chairs and we shared stories and friendship.
This is why we travel.
Be sure to visit Tilcara and have this experience. So much fun!!

3  Thank beam1

Reviewed 4 November 2014

We went on a 2 day trek into the mountainous farming country with our guide Santos. We enjoyed his hospitality and that of Martinez and his wife. They are the "real deal" living a basic farming existence in country that we assumed was uninhibited. How wrong we were. It was a truly genuine experience. Not touristy at all. Totally enjoyable and educational.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

We are not necessarily brave, my wife I is 64 and I am 69 and neither of us is terribly fit. This was a real workout at high altitude..a 4 hour trek up more than a thousand vertical feet (from an already high beginning) and down again with our guide Jose and two adorable llamas. Step by step we made it to the top where Jose unpacked a wonderful lunch. Then, after feeding the llamas the watermelon rinds, we headed down. If you love adventure, scenery and doing things you'd never do at home you must do this. If you are in the area you must go there. And if you're not, then its worth planning a trip just for this! Jose encouraged us and never, never was anything but great. I think the cocoa leaves helped too.

2  Thank JShereshewsky
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We did a 3-day trek to Punta Corral (a religious sanctuary at ~3900m). The landscape is superb, Juan our guide was super nice, the food was good. We would walk 5-6 hours per day with the lamas

We had the chance to participate in the Pachamama ceremony with some locals. We really enjoyed our tour a lot.

1  Thank Pierre2323
Reviewed 23 August 2014

After rainy Buenos Aires it was such a delight to arrive in warm and sunny Tilcara. My girlfriend and I did the hike to Garganta del Diablo with Santos. Our llamas were gentle and gorgeous and carried our layers of clothing as the day got warmer and warmer and we shed off our jackets and sweater. We had a wonderful lunch once we reached the falls with some great Argentine wine and lots of photo ops. This was the highlight of our two week trip to Argentina. I highly recommend it!

3  Thank circusgurl