“very disappointed”

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #439 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 December 2017

In the wall menu there is a dish call "Double chicken avocado salad". Is the dish that I order today. The salad came from the refrigerator and the pieces of chicken were very dry, only warm, and prepared some hours before or perhaps even the previous day..
Very disappointing I went in there for the chicken and the chicken was not good., how is possible having fresh grilled chicken all the time to do such a thing? Beside they call it avocado salad but it was not. They were only three very small pieces of avocados for decoration in a corner. It was not at all an avocado salad.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I went with a friend with a coupon of $ 10 worth a meal for two persons. Everything was good: the chicken, the broccoli, the salad, the black beans and also the sauces.
Both me and my friend were satisfy with the experience, The coupon included the drink and churros for desert. Definitely a good deal. Both the atmosphere of the place and service at the counter were ok.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Tried it last week for first time. The menu is confusing as they said they have a double chicken avocado tostada. But they don't its a Taco Salad? We were very confused. Anyway other than that we went 2x last week and the food and salsa that come with the food were very good. We wish we had one in Wisconsin!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Grabbed dinner via the drive-thru while visiting my daughter in Arizona. We don't have this restaurant in our state (Oklahoma) and was excited to try it.

We got a 10-piece Grande Value meal (legs and thighs) with large sides of mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese, along with a double chicken tostada.

The food smelled so good on the car ride home, I could hardly wait to try it.

The chicken was good. It was moist and well-seasoned. The sides (mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese) were okay, but nothing special.

In Oklahoma, a "tostada" is generally a small, flat crispy corn tortilla spread with refried beans and topped with lettuce and cheese. At El Pollo Loco, it is more like a taco salad -- it is a large crispy tortilla bowl filled with rice, beans, lettuce, meat, cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, and sour cream. It was fresh and filling and I really enjoyed it.

The meal was a bargain at $30 for dinner for 4.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We ate dinner there and it was enjoyable but not fantastic. Food was okay and the service was attentive but not real Mexican, more American-Mexican