“Great curry”

5 R Cha Thai Bistro
Ranked #76 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Thai, Fast food, Wine Bar
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We came in because my sister had a coupon. It was very pleasant atmosphere and the food delicious. I had pineapple curry that was excellent. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals too. Will definitely come back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 January 2018

My wife and I went there for a dinner date. The atmosphere was casual and the food was good. I would visit there again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Have gone back several times alone for lunch as I find their food very good and tasty.You can ask for mild or hot according to your taste when you order. I find their lunch menu to be a smaller portion than their dinner menu and priced accordingly. I tend to order their barbecue pork lunch and have always found it good. They give you a small cup of broth,also good. Their servers are very attentive polite and friendly. Have always felt happy that I ate there instead of getting a fast food meal as this is so much healthier.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 December 2017

After enjoying food here several times in the past, this most recent visit was a big disappointment. I was excited to find a Groupon and went for dinner. Service was friendly, but slow... We started with Tum Yum soup that had a delicious lemon grass broth, a heap of chicken (way too much), and nonexistent vegetables. I was interested in eating something new, so I ordered the 5R Cha Basil with beef. Hence, the 2-star rating. It was bland, bland, bland. There were maybe 2 or 3 basil leaves in the entire dish. No spice or flavorings at all so I added some soy sauce to make it edible.
Of note, the portion sizes have taken a big hit - probably 1/2 of what they used to serve. Can't recommend this place any longer.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2017

We ordered off the lunch menu and had chicken pad thai to go. Food portions were adequate and taste was excellent....so good that my son went back for dinner the next evening! Will definitely dine in next trip to Mesa.

Date of visit: November 2017