“No complaints on service but the absolute WORST food I've ever been served”

Charly's BBQ Iguazu
Ranked #57 of 119 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I hate to exaggerate but in this case I most definitely am not. I'd say I've eaten out more than my far share. This is absolutely horrible food. Not sure if the owner posted those pics you see here but the dish I ordered, the Parrilla Completa for 350 pesos, looks nothing like anything he posted. I wished I took a picture of how it looked before I was done - gave up midway. It's was the most recooked/reheated food I've seen. The waitress brought the dish in not from the kitchen in the back but she walked in with it from the front door. Did she serve me the leftovers from the day from another restaurant?

Let's get to the dish.

Look at the spare ribs, it's so dry that it sounds like wood when I tap it with the fork.

The prime ribs, overly salted and horrible chewy cuts. Where are the feral dogs when you have food for them?

The red sausages, again, dry and hard enough that I felt I needed not a knife but a saw. The blood sausage, well, I'll say this. The black thing above the knife in the picture? That's not charcoal, that's the blood sausage.

In closing, I've found the perfect restaurant to show that some places really don't care about quality. I'll be surprised if they stay in business if they keep serving their customers meat jerky.

I'd give zero out of 5 if I could. This is the lowest score I've ever given an establishment.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Very good place!
Staff is friendly, food is good, isn't expensive and close to the city center.
We order a bife de chorizo and mix of parilla. Everything was perfect,even the limonade!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

This place is such a great find in Puerto Iguazu. The bife de chorizo and fries for 100 pesos is a steal (one of the most memorable steaks we had during our month in Argentina due to price combined with quality). The wines are also very reasonably priced and the service was great. Would really recommend this place and have done to other travellers.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We had a nice dinner here...steak and fish..very good for a good price..the service was good and this restaurant is in a central Iguazu location so it's easy to grab a bite...recommended for medium budget dinner!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

We went to Charly's BBQ for dinner and had a wonderful time. The service was great and we ordered the personal grill for 2 people and it was delicious. There was a large assortment of cuts of meat and sausages. We also had the empanada appetizer that was quite tasty.