See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 November 2016

the only good part was the internet connection and that it was in the center of the city, no water all the time, no glasses, no hangers for the clothes, poor breakfast, the pool was very derty, the chets weren't clean and we couldnt pay by credit card

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Airbnb places are affordable, but there's no one to give you pointers for how to tackle the falls. Hotels give great service and can help you with an itinerary, but they're very expensive in Puerto Iguazu. I chose this place because it was the middle-ground: won't break the budget, but plenty of guidance.

I was not disappointed. Emmanuel speaks English, and was endlessly patient and helpful with sorting out our itinerary for seeing Iguazu Falls. The rest of the staff were friendly and kind - we didn't have a language in common, but you don't always need words to know when someone is good-hearted. They're happy to lend you a corkscrew, dishes, whatever you need. And when you find you don't have the upper body strength to get the cork out of a wine bottle (... I confess), you can march up to the receptionist, produce a smile and a wine bottle with a corkscrew pointlessly wedged into the cork, and the receptionist will laugh and uncork your wine for you.

Our room was remarkably spacious. I expected something akin to a backpacker hostel. Indeed, it had a double bed and five single beds! But it wasn't cheap and sterile - it was simple and had character. Not luxurious, but that was fine. When I stay overnight, I just want a place that's safe, has the basics, and where I can get a decent night's sleep. I don't need a uniformed concierge and marble staircases. This place was perfect.

Location was good. Easy walk to the bus terminal for Iguazu Falls, to shops, to grocery, to restaurants.

Fascinating mix of clientele: young wild couple, family, older couple, single traveller. Lots of nationalities.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Here's the most telling part: we didn't realise they only accepted cash payment, until we were ready to leave. We didn't have enough cash to pay for our room as well as the taxi to the airport. We paid Emmanuel 1000 pesos and needed to pay him about 380 more. We were flustered, working out how to taxi to an ATM, return to Marangatu to pay Emmanuel the rest of his fee, then drive to the airport - without missing our flight. Emmanuel broke in to say for us to just go to the airport, stop at an ATM on the way, and give the driver the money we owed Emmanuel. That is, Emmanuel was willing to trust us to pay the driver, and to trust the driver to pay him. ... this is the sign of an honest and decent man.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Good location, great value hotel and friendly professional owners...read previous reviews..recommended! Small pool in the center courtyard-type area and a standard style Argentine breakfast..no problems!

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 9 October 2015

The owner was lovely and really helpful! We were able to leave our bags after we had checked out and use the Aparthotel as our base in the evening whilst we waited for our airport transfer!

Location was great as it is walking distance from the centre of Puerto Iguazu meaning that the bus terminal (the most important place for those hoping to go to the falls) and restaurants were all right by!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessG1995
Reviewed 17 February 2015

My wife and I recently stayed at Marangatu while visiting Puerto Iguazu. We had a fantastic stay there. The hotel was as advertised: spacious rooms, relaxing pool, and close to the town center. What set this place apart for us was how helpful and nice the entire staff was. A lot of times in very touristy places the members of hotels tend to treat you as if you are just ANOTHER person passing through. They know that people will always come back based off the attractions nearby. However, at Marangatu, the entire staff treated us as if we were frequent guests that were definitely coming back. I liked that they didn't think of us as just tourists passing through. They actually cared that we had a good trip.

We didn't make a reservation so we had to go stay somewhere else for the night when Marangatu was full. Totally understandable and that was our fault for not making the reservation. The owner, Diego, helped us out on our last day by offering to store our luggage because the other hotel we ended up staying at kicked us out at 10am and offered no help.

Diego also helped us plan the optimal trip for Iguazu falls. The girl in housekeeping was extremely nice and was always making us smile by telling us jokes. I think this place just has an overall great aura about it and I would recommend to people looking for a chill place to stay with a very nice staff.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple