“Very good tenderloin”
Review of La Rueda 1975

La Rueda 1975
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Rueda fue inaugurada en 1975 y su nombre proviene de una rueda de carro que fue regalada por un granjero local a los duenos, la familia Bauza, cuando llegaron a la tierra de las Cataratas. Nuestra carta contiene una amplia seleccion de platos personalizados que combinan exoticos productos de la region con base en la cocina internacional. Las especialidades de la casa son los pescados de rio, como el surubi, dorado y pacu, tambien nuestras carnes Premium asadas a fuego vivo p parrilla (tipica coccion Argentina) y las mejores pastas con ancestrales recetas italianas amasadas diariamente . Para maridar nuestros deliciosos platos, podemos sugerir dentro de nuestra cava, una excelente botella de vino de etiquetas nacionales de diferentes regiones del pais. La Rueda, icono gastronomico de la region por cuatro decadas, es un vivo testimonio de los tipicos sabores argentinos, manteniendo la esencia y calidez de la tradicion familiar desde 1975.-
Reviewed 5 January 2017

This location offers a variety of dishes including some that the vegan in our family could eat.
The meat eaters ordered the beef tenderloin (about 12 oz). They were priced at about 220 pesos but that was without side dishes. The side dishes (referred to as sauces), were various potato types for about 75 pesos extra.
The meat was well prepared and fairly tender.
The pasta dish ordered by the vegan was also very good and the quantity was more than she could eat. The total bill for a family of 5 including dessert and wine was under 1000 pesos.
Service is good. As in most restaurants in Argentina, you must ask for the check at the end of the meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,225)

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We decided to try a local restaurant and the hotel recommended La Rueda. We were staying in the National Park so it was a $47 roundtrip taxi ride (taxi driver waited for us to return) but the restaurant was well worth the extra transportation. We had a great meal - one of the best on our 3-week trip. The restaurant is rustic but beautiful with tablecloth dining. With the help of the staff we choose a pasta - Agnoloti de Rio - stuffed Dorado with pink salmon, cream, dried surubi (fish) and smoked ham. Basically, a creamy seafood ravioli with a delicate yellowish cream sauce with thin slices of lox on top. Amazing. Our other choice was local river fish Surabi, a thick white fish. The dish was called Surabi al Vino Chardonnay. It was two tremendous pieces of fish, each the size of a chicken breast, with a darker than Chardonnay delicate sauce served with thin julienne vegetables over mashed potatoes. Then we had the best part of the meal - dessert -we had to the Anana La Rueda -- the house specialty dessert. It was a half pineapple, sliced and grilled in cinnamon and blazed and caramelized with sugar cognac flambé then returned to the pineapple shell. Served on a plate drizzled with dulce de leche (caramel), with a shot of shaken passion fruit juice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Would have gladly paid $15 for that dessert -- maybe more -- but happily spent less than $7. The meal was great without the dessert and fantastic once we finished.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Nice place to have dinner. After several days of heavy red meat wanted to have some fish. Unfortunately we selected the one not available (2 out of 3), they politely found the fish available.

Fish was not so tasty as expected, but cold house white wine was excellent. 2 persons dinner with special salads cost AR$ 800

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

First night in Puerto Iguazu and 5 or 6 great restaurants on this street - decided on this one as the ambiance looked great only to be rudely greeted 10min later by the most arrogant POS waiter I have ever encountered in my life.

If his mid twenties (seemed like they all were), ANGRY, slapped the cutlery on the table along with the menu, finally took my order 10min later. When I asked the wifi password - he mumbled it in Spanish as he turned his back on me and when I asked a second time it really irritated him.

The knucklehead finally bought the wine list to me 15min later - I waited 10 more for him to come back and I walked out. FIRST time ever.

There are sooo many options in this town, no one needs to deal with this. Surely a restaurant of this caliber can hire better people.

2  Thank Alba901
Reviewed 13 December 2016

La Reuda 1975 is a very hard restaurant for me to review because of the inconsistencies we found.

First, it came most highly recommended by the front desk staff at our hotel.

The setting itself is quite enjoyable! As someone else wrote, "Comfortable and Relaxed". I would add "Warm and Interesting!"

The food - here is where it gets more difficult for me. The Lagostina appetizer was unique and delightful. Simply superb! Both my wife and I enjoyed it immensely.

Likewise, my wife really enjoyed the pacu for her main. Frankly she was a bit surprised that a "local river fish" would rise to this level!

On the other hand, my beef simply missed the mark. The meat was cooked properly, but simply did not deliver the taste that I expected. On the other hand the potatoes served with it were quite enjoyable.

Portions were generous - so much so that we both skipped on the deserts.

Service was warm, engaged and very knowledgeable, but suffered from large blocks absence.

Price - We felt the price would be appropriate for the setting if all of the food and the service matched the quality of the Lagostina. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

We can only recommend La Reuda 1975 with reservations.