See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2015

This was my 2nd attempt to stay in Puerto Iguazú and try to reach the Falls from there, instead of from Brazil; both the stay at Yvy and now this one turned out catastrophic!
The taxi ride from the airport (260 pesos) is fast and smooth, the hotel is exactly in the middle of the "village", right behind the bus station and with lots of shops and restaurants nearby! The walk to the Three Landmarks is also a smooth one and no need to pay to get to the Falls, with the bus stop so conveniently-located.
The hotel surivives basically with groups with Argentinean pensioners of low income and it does suit them! The building is old and decaying, it must have been the best or only accommodation in Puerto back in the 70's, and the main problem is that everything seems to have remained just like that, perfect for its target audience.
Reception is friendly but nit at all warm. Reservations with Booking.com don't seem to be in the system at all, ours was presented as a concession and more than one copy of our vouchers was needed - payiment was demanded right upfront and they clearly preferred cash!
Rooms are fetid, the few furniture was tacky and cracked, door locks were loud, water in the lavatory was permanently cold, the soap of was terrible quality, so was the TV and AC!
Scavenging birds had better breakfast than what was offered to us, I didn't dare eat! They were most unflexible with extending the check-out even for an hour, we decided to bring it forward and not spend another unnecessary minute there!
Internet only works in the mlobby, where there are never enough seats, even for the dozens of elderly, who are forced to wait outdoors breathing that red dust typical of the area!
And one would assume that such a cheap place would charge little: almost 90 dollars + taxes is what they wanted, so save your money and get yourself a much better place, which unfortunately you won't find in Puerto Iguazú itself, sorry!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank vitorbabrazil
Reviewed 19 December 2014

The only reason this has a two is because the rooms are good and they took care of my Loud Music complaint... kinda. They have a disco/nightclub/restaurant and at 1:30am the music was SO loud I could not sleep. I went to the desk to ask what time it stopped. They said 2am. OK, I returned and but a pillow over my head. At 2:05 they turned it down, but still mind numbingly loud. Went out with other guests and they turned it down more. Still not enough. I asked to be moved away, to the street side of the hotel and they accommodated me. Otherwise this would be a "1" rating. BE CAREFUL. Maybe because it was Friday Night, but sacrifice the pool view room for street side if you are worried about the music at all hours of the night. OF NOTE: I had a pool side room that was the furthest from the disco and the music was unbearable. It's not like I was right next to the disco. It's just the pool side rooms get blasted because the disco is near the pool. The hotel front (street side) is best for quiet but you sacrifice the view.

Room Tip: WiFi is bad. Only in the lobby but spotty at best. Read comment for room placement. No-Noise, street side. Poolside better view but if the disco is a go, forget trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank InTheSon
Reviewed 6 August 2014

WIFI POOR,service poor,need receive the local money,but i showed my email stated US dollars.He counted as local money with a double pay!!!!really dishonest!!!also water is yellow in color,u need to buy water instead.Breakfast is poor,dirty!

Room Tip: buy water,don't boil by yourself.no others place can go,nearby restaurant is poor especially seafood restaurant.don't try on.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FELIXTSANG
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't go there!!! It was the worst hotel experience ever had in my life! We booked for 2 nights, when we arrived and saw the room we immediately asked to change it, it was very dirty, full of dust everywhere, although very big. The new room they gave us was a little bit better,but I cannot define it as a "clean room". Bed linen and bathroom towels were dull and threadbare.The hotel is like in the '70, is very old, never renewed. They have a nice pool but the pool area is not well maintained.
The position is not very good.
In a nutshell: it's a no! Bad place!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EleonoraCasati
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was by far one of the worst hotels i've been, starting at the front desk where they treat you like cattle, they dont even notice you as you walk in. As soon as you enter the hotel you feel back in the 70's, and I am sure that's the last time they redecorated. The rooms are dated, the sheets and towels are all stained, just digusting. They give you breakfast and dinner, I dont know which is worst, breakfast is the same every day, lots of sweets, nothing salty, they serve one kind of cereal but they dont have cereal bowls, when i asked for one they told me to use a glass. They mix the milk with water!!! Dinner is always some pasta with those sauces that come in a can. I dont have a good thing to say about this hotel, it completely ruined my trip to the falls. Do not go there, there are a lot of nice hotels in Puerto Iguazu.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family