“Convenient option”

San Martin Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This is not a great, great hotel. It is well located and does offer a very good breakfast. Staff is very kind. A reasonable option for a business trip in that city. The city itself offers some interesting options with the opportunity to visit different wineries.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

San Martin is a lovely town in the major wine-growing region of Argentina, Mendoza. It had the air of a laid back Southern French town, with loads of old French cars tootling around (because they used to be built somewhere in NW Argentina in the past, we were told.

Hotel San Martin, is well located on one of the main streets, close to bars & restaurants. Our room was a family room with 3 beds, good price, but we felt that it could do with a minor refurb, e.g. the bedding, just to make it feel a little bit more modern.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Lovely hotel in city center. Nice apart, we got a good room, had fridge, microwave. Pity it was an internal room, our window gave out to another one. Service really good, everybody was very nice and made us feel welcome. Restaurant offers excellent dished and prices correct. Didn't use the spa. Good ecxcuse to go back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2015

We arrived without a reservation & were able to get a quiet room at the back of the hotel. We had driven across a very long unpaved section of Route 40, and our suitcases were encased in dust! No matter, we were welcomed by very nice staff who spoke English & guided us to the car park. We happily walked everywhere after that in the vicinity, enjoying the tree lined streets & outdoor cafes. We slept well & enjoyed the breakfast, followed by a pleasant & efficient checkout. There were no housekeeping problems in our room (bedding & towels white & clean).

This is a pretty little town, and I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We arrived half an hour before official check-in time, and were attended very nicely, but the first bumb was the lack of our printed version of the reservation email from booking.com ( don't ask me why that was so important to have). So instead of my name and even the reference number I had to connect to their b. wifi and forward the email to them, that took 15 minutes, because first their email was wrong, then we tried another and he could still not find it. Alright after all that we got our keys the receptionist accompanied us to our room and that's it.
Once in the room we noticed that all of our towels were dirty with blood and make-up staines, the bed had dirty spots and the hairdryer had some brown stains, which I don't even want to know where they come from. So when we left the room for a trip through the town, at noon, I told the house-keeping about the problems we encountered in our room, asked if she could please see to it that it gets resolved. I did so very nicely I think. She said, she was sorry, she would do it right away, I said thank you and we left.
When we came back 8 hours later the bed was alright, 3 towels were clean but one was not. Then I took the dirty towel with me downstairs to the reception, talked to a middle-aged woman, whom I presume to be the shift-manager and explained.... She didn't see fit to apologize, instead I had to show her the stains and only then she would recognize, take the towel and say she will handle it.That was 2 hours and I am still waiting on my towel which I obviously need to dry myself.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple