“Never go there. The cook is horrible ”
Review of Facundo

Facundo
Ranked #149 of 733 Restaurants in Mendoza
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner, where the price reasonable was. Ordered lomo steak medium menos, it came an overcooked steak. The waiter saw this and brought back. The second meet he brought was not even tender, it was raw! Uncooked, fully raw meat. On the top it looked as if it was grilled. We tried to eat further, could not eat all and at the end both waiter saw as well that it was not good. At the end, I complained to the manager, it was even translated my complain and the problem. The manager was not sensitive enough and made us only 100 peso reduction. I WOULD NOT GO THERE!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Not sure why our group went there in the first place. The service was friendly, that’s for sure, but the food itself was unimpressive. My trout was paper thin and dry, with boiled potatoes without much personality and oily sautéed veggies that had lost their crunch. The side puréed squash was watery and bitter. Maybe I ordered the wrong dish, but the poor presentation and average food disappointed.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Two of us had lunch at Facundo. We did not see empanadas on the memu so we asked the host. Oh yes, he said - several types. So we decided to eat there. We ordered 2 empanadas, a salad, the half bife de chorizo, and the half boneless chicken with garlic. The empanadas were excellent. The salad came from a great salad bar with a wide variety of items, all really fresh. One of the servers indicated to me that I could heap the salad up on the plate 4-5 inches high if I wanted. The half bife de chorizo was perfect. Usually I can only eat half. It was cooked exactly as ordered - jugoso. The chicken was likewise excellent, very tender but cooked through. Both the meats were cooked over coals. We had two good size glasses of wine. Prices were reasonable, especially given the quantity and quality of food. Service was great. The outside eating area had table cloths and was very clean. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

A rather disappointing meal. We had hoped to share our separate dishes but struggled to give an impression of 'that's nice '. The Waldorf salad was the worst I have seen. Totally white celery with a max of perhaps 3-4 tiny pieces of apple and so so creama. The wine malbec n syraz wine was the singular plus at Funcido. The owners Bodegas Estancia have some improvement at hand.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This place has many types of steaks. I had the trout which was also very good. They have an extensive wine list. The wait staff were friendly and helpful.