4,954 results
All reviews new tower diamond lounge slot machines table games resort rooms swim up bar agave restaurant casino floor entertainment center great casino harrah's ak chin movie theater non smoking pool area phoenix area range steakhouse total rewards
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The rooms are nice but the casino is in sad shape.
I expected more from them.
I know they try to go overboard by approaching you and
asking if everything is ok.
That gets a little old. I will find you if I need something.
Sometimes I may just want tobe left alone.
The pool was nice.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank George K
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The only issue I had with my Resort Pool non-smoking room was the condition of the balcony. I am a smoker, but I prefer a non smoking room. My issue is really not with the resort, but prior guests that have used the walls on the balcony to put their cigarettes out and there were several spilled drink stains (or bodily fluids) all along the balcony. The room interior was very clean & comfortable. The staff was extremely accomodating. The Grille makes a delicious bacon-cheeseburger that I highly recommend. Last, I have to give a shout out to the swim-up bar bartender Ritz. She is so sweet, attentive, and never stops smiling (even when the temperature is over 110 degrees during the hot Arizona summer).

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed here four different times. The new tower is modern so if you need wii-fi I would request rooms in that area. The hotel has a hot tub and a nice pool area. One down size is cow smell on some nights. There is a deli, steak house, and buffet on the property. There isn't much to do but in the area but gamble so many are here with free rooms comps from Harrah's Total Rewards Card.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 007Anna
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We recently spent one overnight in the new tower at Harrah's Ak Chin resort. We have stayed at Harrah's quit a few times but were very disappointed in the new tower. We had a room on the 1st floor facing the parking lot as we were told there were no other rooms available. We were staying at the resort for a comp stay so we did not press the issue. I don't think this building has any views as one way faces the parking lot and the other side faces another building. We found the new rooms to have a weird layout and not comfortable to relax in as there was only 1 chair. They did a terrible job in the design. Bathroom shower and toilet area has glass panel that is open to sleeping area so in the middle of the night if someone uses the bathroom the sleeping area is lit up. Also did not like vanity and sink as we prefer to have one enclosed bathroom. Curtains did not completely cover windows so light came in at 530am. Old rooms have more space, more seating room and larger bathrooms. Pool area has been redone and is very nice, if you can deal with the flies. We had lunch in Agave and spent the whole time shooing flies, like everyone else. This is a major problem even in Casino and they need to deal with it or we will not be back. Had dinner at the Range and found it to be very expensive. I would like to see them offer midweek complete dinners for around 20.00. I think it would certainly bring in dinners. Food was OK...No choice of potatoes only horrible, bland mashed potatoes that look like baby food. AK Chin needs to improve in all areas as there as so many nice casino resorts in the area now like, Talking Stick, Gila River and Raddison Ft. McDowell. Casino needs an upgrade in carpet and bathrooms.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank meharizona
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We were looking for Casino/Hotel outside of Phoenix for a trip in late May/early June.
Since we are members of the the Total Reward program we took advantage of a free room at the Ak-Chin Casio Resort in Maricopa, Arizona. Down side, it is a bit a of a drive from the Phoenix airport but we thought it was worth the drive. We stayed in the older building for smoking priviledges and we were very hapy with the room. Nice size room on either the ground floor or second floor, we did the second for a slightly better view. Good amenities in the rooms, nice pool, whirlpool, and grounds area. These rooms can be a bit of a walk to the casino/main hotel with your lugage but providing you are in decent health, this not a major issue. Nice casino, restaurants,nice complex, great friendly service all around. We enjoyed the resort enough that after a four day trip to Laughlin and Vegas, we decided to return for two more nights before the end of our trip.
If you chose to leave the resort for meals there are plenty choices just a short drive away in the city of Maricopa. Overall we would be glad to return for another 2 or 3 day stay.
It's not Vegas, but a very nice place to spend a couple of days.

Room tip: New tower rooms are more convenient to the casino, the older section is fine and may be more quiet. Smoking allowed in the older section. Casino is decent in size but can fill up quickly in the evenings. Bring swimwear to enjoy the pool area and swim up bar.
Date of stay: May 2012