“A unique place, in a wonderful forest.”

La Cabana del Bosque
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This is a very special tea house in the middle of a wonderful forest. The decoration of the place is very special , the variety and taste of the cakes is incredible . There is also a good variety of sandwiches and teas.
The service is excellent! the atmosphere is friendly and romantic.
it is worth a visit

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Service was great since the moment they saw us stepping to the door. They showed us tables available, so we could choose the one that we like, and then walked us to the delicatessen showcase. All was great, from the tea, to cakes, etc. They're friendly and are paying attention and caring for you.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Coffe and cake, and the atmosphere- just loved it. And the staff there so so friendly! I would recomend to everyone

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Being English, I am quite used to afternoon tea and cakes. But this place is out of this world! Delightful building, full of antiques, and very quirky, in a brilliant way. Very few of the cups and saucers match, but they are beautifully old-fashioned.

Have visited every time I have been to MDP, as within walking distance from my friends' house.

Huge selection of teas and cakes. Portions are large, good for sharing, and you can take any left-overs home. The cakes can be very filling and calorific, but hey, who cares?? You can take a nice walk around the forest reserve afterwards.

The staff are charming, and they speak English, and will happily describe the patisserie ingredients. Background music is great but not intrusive. Fabulous garden with some very rare trees and shrubs.

Not a place for a quick visit.....just relax, and enjoy. An absolute MUST for visitors to Mar del Plata!

3 years ago, shortly after we arrived , there was a torrential thunderstorm, so we were there for 2 hours........constant top-ups of tea.

Oh..........have to say that last month I did not fancy tea, and had the best cappucino ever. Not cheap, but worth every peso.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

I'll remember Mar del Plata because of this place. The cottage itself is beautiful, plus the inside decoration it's a treasure (literally) hidden in the woods.
Go with plenty of time to spend and be aware that the tea pot is huge! Unfortunately, I could only stay there for about 30 minutes, so I didn't even drink half of my tea. Plenty of choices of things to eat and a huge variety of teas (I've never seen so many!)
Their china is beautiful, the music is good and so is the service. It's a must go!