All reviews old school yogurt maria receptionist stars
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We are so thankful for the wonderful staff, the Hotel is amazing! STAY HERE!!!! We will never stay anywhere else when in Mar Del. So beautiul! The hotel was clean and comfortable, the showers were great and the Service was perfect!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Do you remember those instances and feelings when you enter your super close friends' place for a weekend? Well, that is what you feel when you enter the Hostería. Florencia welcomed yours truly with a frank smile, handled the key and walked me to the room.
Do not expect luxury. Expect honest, old school hospitality...
Clean and comfortable rooms, Continental breakfast and solid wi-fi.
I will update with room pictures later.
P.S. Fioco, a Maltese, supervises all services/operations and I dare to say he is the real general manager (other staff didn't comment on this).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The Hotel Sirenuse has a facade that begs you to come and settle down in front of one of the huge fireplaces. I visited during the winter (June below the equateur) while working with an exchange program for my students. While they stayed with host families my colleague and I have the good fortune of staying at this wonderful hotel full of personality. When we arrived after a very long day of traveling from Atlanta, the receptionist greeted us with an amazing and infectious smile and could not have been nicer and more welcoming. She explained the hotel to us, in Spanish, and showed us to our rooms. The rooms may not boasts all the amenities of some other hotels, but for being rated 2 stars, I lack for nothing in my room. It's complete with an AC/heating unit and even has Swiss-inspired shutters outside the windows. The entire hotel is clean and clutter free, and full of amazing wooden elements that make the entire space feel cozy and inviting. The downstairs is where you'll find and taste of the Alps smack dab on the cost of Argentina. The vaulted ceilings boasts wooden accents as do the directions and ornamentation; transporting you to a feel of being in an Alpine village. Continuing with the European influence, the breakfast in the morning offers guests different types of croissants, ham and cheese, cereal, yogurt, etc. as well as delicious, amazing, and bold cafe con leche, which is prepared for you by the amazing family running the hotel. They truly care about the quality of your stay and chat with you in the morning when you arrive the the wooden splendor of the dining area. I wholly recommend this hotel for people visiting Mar del Plata. Chaperones of this program usually stay in a different hotel, but I am definitely going to suggest switching to this one for our future visits.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Good location, very close to the beach, center and casino.
Very clean, everything spotless.
Comfortable rooms, spacious bathroom, hot water, good bathtub.
Satisfying breakfast.
Staff nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Giuseppe D, Propietario at Hotel Sirenuse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you very much for the nice comment,

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay and the service has met their expectations. It is very important for us to know that both, the service and the care of our team has been excellent, we pay great attention into these two aspects.

See you at your next visit to Mar del Plata.

Greetings!

María del Rosario Russo
Owner

Reviewed 16 April 2016

On the plus side, this Alpine chalet is centrally located not far from the sea and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Although I had a superior room, it was pretty basic. The décor, furnishings and bathroom were all a bit tired and the water pressure and hot water supply were intermittent. The wifi was seldom available in the room but worked in the lobby. The breakfast choice was quite limited. It wasn't apparent when I booked that the hotel doesn't accept credit cards, only cash or debit cards. But despite the shortcomings, it was good value for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Giuseppe D, Propietario at Hotel Sirenuse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Mr. Heaverman,

First of all I want to thank you for the comment. The fact that you took the time to express your experience while staying with us is very valuable for us, because it helps us to attack our weak points and improve our service. I thank also for highlighting the high points in our service.

I would like to clarify some points of your comment, in orden to avoid confusing other users of this social net. Regarding the decor and furniture, it is actually part of our "Alpine Chalet style". Most of our guest love it, but of course, we understand that you do not feel like.

According to the wireless connection, I regret that this drawback has not been communicated during your stay. This would have given us the possibility to check if the connection problem was referring to our network or the device you were using.

Breakfast is now changing from continental to buffet breakfast, with many more options. We hope you can enjoy this new service on your next stay with us.

Finally, we want to suggest to read carefully the booking terms while booking a room online, specially through BOOKING.COM. It is shown clearly on the booking terms that we only accept cash and debit card as method of payment.

I remain at your disposal and we hope to see you back on your next visit to Mar del Plata!

Best regards,