“Clean, safe, helpful staff”

Republica San Telmo
Reviewed 25 September 2016

My wife and I travelled throughout Chile and Argentina in November 2015. We felt safe in this neighbourhood. It is walking distance to some of the sights in Buenos Aires. This is a tiny hostel (more like a 4-5 bedroom apartment) and is has everything you could need. The host was pleasant and helped us book a fun evening going to see a Tango show and booked our taxi upon our departure. This isn't the fanciest or newest hostel; this is a budget booking and gets my approval for hostel travellers looking for a private room

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Super lovely place with a calm vibe, great location, comfy bed and kind service! Nico and David are very genuine and always happy to help so they made me feel as at home. Thank you guys for unforgettable experience. Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2015

We travelled throughout Argentina and Chile as a couple in November 2015. This location was within walking distance to the plazas, waterfront and restaurants. The host, David, was very helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and there is a shared living room and kitchen which is a "plus" if you are planning to eat in sometimes. We went to a great Tango show that David recommended and arranged and were picked up and dropped off at this hostel which made things convenient. Overall, we were happy with the experience.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

David was friendly and very helpful. Although I booked a room in the hostel, it was overbooked when I arrived, so I was upgraded for free to the apartment. David welcomed me, gave me a map, explained and marked various landmarks for me, then paid for a cab to take me to the apartment. He was also helpful in allowing me to pay the next day as I had not yet changed money. The apartment itself is comfy and spacious with all amenities mentioned on the site, including a bidet! Wifi was good quality and oh, the shower pressure was pretty good! Location is convenient, the San Juan subway is just across the road! Nice restaurants 10mins' walk away. Many say that the neighbourhood is a bit dodgy but I had no problems. The porters were also friendly and helpful and looked after my luggage after checkout while I visited the San Telmo market, 15mins' walk away. It would still be worth it if I had paid the rate for the apartment. Worth a visit!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel for 5 days while traveling solo in Buenos Aires. The experience was the perfect start for 3 months of travel for me. My room was bright & cozy with a little balcony- even though I had a shared bathroom(only w/ one other room) it was no problem as it was very spacious and clean. The shared space was modest but felt like a real home and I met some great friends while there. Our host, David, couldn't have been nicer! He helped me with everything from buying bus tickets to recommending the best bars and cafes to go out to & was very kind & flexible about check in/check out times. I would definitely return to this hostal in the future- an amazing experience!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo