“Nice cafe for afternoon tea”
Review of Las Violetas

Las Violetas
Ranked #8 of 255 Coffee & Tea in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Argentinian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2017

This is a very nice cafe, old historical building very well maintained. We had the big size afternoon tea set. Comes in a large plate of ham and cheese sandwiches and sweet cakes. We really liked the sandwiches, the cakes are a little too sweet and too many for us. The service was a bit slow, but may be that's because we were very hungry! It is easy to get to via subway and bus.

1  Thank Oppsa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Before entering, one should stand across the street to observe the classic look of this restaurant. When inside, take in the view of interior to have your mind go back in time. We went at 7:45pm and browsed the bakery area, before sitting for a meal. Service was prompt! We had Milanesa de lomo(200p), Pollo(chicken) grilled(140p), Sorrentinos(large ravioli(112p) plus salsa(sauce) provola(48p), Crepes verdes(195p), pop/water(55p) & cubierto(silverware/bread fee) was 36@. We ate/talked for hours! We will return!!!!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Beautiful architecture, AC is a plus in summer time, free Wifi, friendly and fast service. I came here knowing that this is a bit of a tourist trap and pricey but wanted to have my own experience. If You are near by give it a try, but you can have great food for less in many places.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

If you’re an architecture buff, this is a must. The cafe is full of beautiful, large stained glass windows. Siting there eating our breakfast we felt like we stepped back in time, in a good way - when cafes were spectacles for the eyes and stomachs.

For breakfast, I ordered coffee con leche and 3 pastries. This was the only place in Buenos Aires that we went to that I got to pick out my pastries. I met the waiter at the pastry counter (which was large and enticing). I made my 3 choices, including dulce de leche filled pastries and he brought them to my table. My husband had eggs, so there’s hot food on the menu too. We paid 211 pesos ($US14) for breakfast and coffee for two.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I highly recommend ordering several pastries and sandwiches to share with a group. So much to choose from. They let you hang out and relax. The decor is amazing. It is Art Nouveu stained glass windows throughout the cafe. Itis reminiscent of a aparisian cafe. Don't miss this plce.