1,036 results
All reviews florida street san martin walking distance compared to other hotels business hotel hotel is centrally located spoke very good english quiet room quiet at night water pressure stayed nights fresh fruit quiet street big city location is great dulce de leche tryp
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My friend and I just returned from Buenos Aires. We spent 9 nights all ogether at Tryp Buenos Aires hotel and we loved it.

Rooms are big and spotless, with confortable beds, air condition, cable tv, fridge and all other aneminities you can wish for. The buffet breakfast was delicous with a wide choice of items (cereal, sweet pastries, cheese, bacon, sausages, ham, fruits, flavoured tea etc.). No matter what you eat for breakfast you will always find something for yourself.
The same restaurant also offers a big choice of meals for lunch and dinner at reasonible prices. We actaull ate several times there and we liked everything.

The staff is also very helpful and professional. They let us check out late one day with no penalty as my friend was not feeling well. Usually you pay half of the rate for the late checkout, which is not that bad either compared to other hotels that charge you the full rate.

The location is also very convinient. Most of the main attractions were within the walking distance. Cabs are very cheap in the city. The ride to Recoleta is less than $3 US and to Boca-Caminito around $4 US. The cost from or to the international airport is between $28 - 35 US, while to he city airport is around $8 US.

The hotel offers also free access to the internet. There are 2 computers only in the business area and some of the guests sit there for hours, as if they are in their home. If you plan to use the internet a lot, bring your own laptop.

The only thing we were a little disapointed with were the restaurants in the area. There were no good restaurants. Most of the places are fast foods and we were horrified to see Mc Donald's and Burger King at every corner. One night we are at one of the fast food places, which is very cheap and both my friend and I got sick. We spent 3 days in bed. The hotel suggests lot of restaurants in Puerto Madero area, which is close, but we found them to be very commercial and not traditional. A good resaurant for good Argentinian meat is Cabana, located in Recoleta. It is a bit pricey, but worth it.
We also did not manage do see a good tango show. A friend suggestted Caffe' Tortoni, but that was a bit of disapointment. The tango show is held in a separate area which gets crowded fast and you need to book to make your reservation at least 2 hours in advance. The dancers were not engaged either. We heard later that "La Ventana" is much better.

The shops in the area are quite expensive. I went to Pacific Galleries one day and I was shocked by the prices. Some of the articles cost triple than in US or Canada.
You can find some good leather stores on smaller side streets with reasonible prices.

If I return back to Buenos Aires I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Globalina
Reviewed 14 March 2009

This is one instance in which I can agree completely with the collective experience and opinion of tripadvisor travelers.

Positives
1. Clean, spacious, high quality bedrooms with flat screen TV
2. Spotless, modern bathrooms with TEMPERATURE ADJUSTABLE HEATED FLOORS and AMAZING showers
3. Excellent breakfast buffet (included)
4. Excellent location in the Microcentro (if that is where you want to stay)
5. Excellent service for this price point
6. Overall, awesome value

Negatives
1. Really, we can't think of any significant negatives.
2. Don't stay here if you don't want to stay in the Microcentro?

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Second time in BA. Off a main drag but unknown to many. You can walk pretty much all over from here. Taxis to the trendy Palermo area is just $5-6 US. Very nicely designed rooms with upscale breakfast. Staff was extremely helpful. Matias at the front desk handled our requests flawlessly. Dinner reservations, confirming flights, and a late check out. Part of the Sol Melia chain. You can see care went into the design of this hotel.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Central Location, clean big rooms. Great breakfast. This is a good business hotel in the tourist district of San Telmo.
My bags were delayed in Brazil and the staff made many phonecalls to try and find out where my case was.
If your looking for a trendy place in BA then head to Palermo - Home Hotel is highly recommended by several people we met. Recoleta is definately not the place to go.
Also, 3 days in BA is definately enough as there isnt alot happening. The Recoleta Cemetrary is moving and requires a couple of hours. La Boca is also a great colourful place to go for half a day. A walking tour is probably best but jump on the buses to cover more distance.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2009

My husband and I stayed 1 night at the Tryp in January 2009 for a short stay in Buenos Aires. The hotel location was great - near a couple of pedestrian streets and nice neighbourhoods. Our room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was great. The hotel staff was very helpful with taxi arrangements and a late checkout. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)