“You what you pay for.”
Review of BA Central Hotel

BA Central Hotel
Ranked #169 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Came into Buenos Aires because our visas with Brazil fell thru, (another story). This was a last minute decision made at the airport due to name recognition. I am a member of BW points club. Anyway the place could be called a dump. The staff was friendly, but so are most Argentinians, the room was basic, the fridge didn't work, no sink in the bathroom, no insects, small room so the AC worked great, fan above the bed was nice. The hotel is off of Corrientes Street, a major thoroughfare, easy access to the subway system, no gym, no pool, breakfasts were quite good. But for $87/night it was a deal! Pre-Carnival activities were noisy, but this is South America! This was literally a "bed and breakfast" and no more. No problems.

Room Tip: Below 5th floor for better Wi-Fi
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during new years. The hotel matches the price perfectly, without that beeing negative.

The rooms are nice, alltough a bit dated. Air condition, shower and tv, pretty much all you need. The internetbaccess started out pretty poor on the 5th floor, so I asked to be moved to a room with better access - this was no problem at all, and the internet access now is actually very good.

The staff here is very nice and helpfull, they alone would probably make me book here again. Also the location is good, neigborhood seems safe and there is no problem walking home alone at night.

One thing, be sure to get a king size bed if possible. The standard one-person beds are realy small, to narrow (not so wide). I talked to a couple of other guests and they said the same thing.

Good value, i would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Arrived in the evening from Sydney, receptionist spoke English and directed us to a restaurant 4 blocks away - there was supposed to a restaurant in the hotel but not now. It turned out this was the only member of staff who spoke English, room was very basic with the noisiest toilet I have ever heard. Could even hear it flush by the lift 10 rooms away! The bathroom door lock tended to trap you in or out of the bathroom, asked a Spanish speaker to speak to the receptionist but no action. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, pastries, cheeses, ham, and bread and a broken toaster. As well as the restaurant they advertise a bar, health club and massages none of which seem to exist. Wi-fi patchy not availabe our room but was in our hallway.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SuzieLismore
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have been at this hotel many times before, and I always had good things to say about its staff....but this time things have changed, I am very sorry to say! I was very surprised that the breakfast was so disorganized, when times before was excellent. So I asked what happened and the hotel manager explained that before it was under a concession, and the contract ended and they (hotel management) decided not to renew it. So now it was "miss-managed" by the manager and his "right hand" as he called him, and one waiter that the only thing he knew very well was to talk in Portuguese, and only to the pretty young girls, the rest of the guests he ignored! One day the lights went out on the block. So they decided to close the breakfast room even dough we saw pastries on the table. It would have been a nice gesture to serve the pastries to the guests, because it was raining very hard to go looking for a restaurant. But instead the waiter hide them and later served them to their own staff!!!! That looked very cheap!!! Upon check-out we asked to speak to management about that missing breakfast and he refused to talk to us!!!! The rest of the staff is very friendly and attentive to every need you have, but it is a shame that they work under such an incompetent management!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Valijaslistas
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here just for one night between my flight into Buenos Aires and out to Iguazu the next morning. The staff was very helpful, even with my poor Spanish.

The room was ok. The bed was comfy, the wifi worked great, and I even managed to find a couple of TV stations that were in Engish (with Spanish subtitles to help me with my Spanish) :)

The rooms are a little dated, and if you're looking for 5-Star, this definitely isn't it, but it was clean and did the trick.

One thing that would have made my stay a little better was if the front desk had a basic tourist map of BA. I arrived on a red-eye flight into BA, so at 10 am, my room wasn't ready, which I was prepared for, but it would have been nice to have even one of those cheesy little cartoon maps to help me get my bearings while I wandered around waiting for my room to be ready.

I did come back at 12, even though check-in wasn't until 3. My room wasn't quite ready but they were very nice and directed me to a couch in the lobby, and my room was ready about 10 minutes later.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo