This was the most expensive place I stayed in my 5 week visit to Argentina and the only place I was charged the 21% tourist tax. The room was small and smelled of mould. The bathtub was partly under a petition - it may have been a shelf in the closet - so that you had to sit back to the taps with your legs under the "shelf". The bathroom itself was so small that the sink was in the bedroom. The bar fridge was crammed in a small, unvented space where it didn't stand a chance of functioning properly. The carpet was iffy, not at all a nice place to go barefoot. If you wanted ice you had to go down to the kitchen, wait, and then you were given 7 ice cubes at a time. If you wanted more you had to go down a second time.
Breakfast, which was included, was very acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BA Central Hotel is a Three Star Hotel fully renovated, offering comfort and amenities by keeping its traditional style. The Hotel is ideally located in the center of the city just half block from the traditional Corrientes Avenue and close to the most famous theaters, cinemas, cafes, Tango shows, Abasto shopping and the emblematic Obelisco. BA Central Hotel welcomes business and leisure travelers. Comfortable and spacious rooms, electronic security locks, cable TV, LCD 32'', working desk, mini-bar, individual air conditioner and central heating control, hairdryer, wi-fi and DDN/DDI lines. Our Suites have microwave and Penthouses have whirlpool bath and microwave. Our restaurant offers a buffet breakfast, in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. The hotel offers two meeting rooms for several capacities and set-ups. High technology equipment, personalized consulting and special menus that cover all the needs for every event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your BA Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Monumental Hotel
- Best Western Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Best Western